Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Little Storm That Could - March 3/4

Spanks45

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its based off of Cocorahs, Social Media, Ham Operators and Trained Spotters so i'm sure once all the numbers are in, They will adjust if one is way off.

Yeah that's just generated off the most recent reports (PNS), nothing more nothing less. 

As more reports come in that map will fill out some, and at the end of the event we do remove any obs that appear to be strong outliers. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Yeah that's just generated off the most recent reports (PNS), nothing more nothing less. 

As more reports come in that map will fill out some, and at the end of the event we do remove any obs that appear to be strong outliers. 

Shouldn't be any large discrepancies up here..............:(

36 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

I have 16.75”, and will do lots of final checks to make sure.  

If I lose my First EVER Jackpot to a potential slant sticker I’ll be very angry.  I’d post my pictures but again, only allow 0.05MB here :thumbsdown:  

Burrillville also at 17”.  Just enjoy your pasting.  I expect a sledding video dammit

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They are also hanging out. Is the official total not cleared ? First order stations clear. I never know. 

Official coop guidance now is one clear every 24 hours. But as long as you aren't clearing more frequently than every 6 hours, I'm fine with it. We only require that at LCD sites though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

6.5” here in Hubbardston. 7.” In Fitchburg

November storm still tops for my hood this season.  The totals in EMass, N RI, and CT are sweet!

Fronto ftw

I may go down this season without recording a single storm over 10" which i would have to check my numbers but that would be rare.

37 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

NWS_Snowfall_Totals.jpg.18d81a61f3e1de4dc256b5b97b8fd901.jpg

Wow, what a storm for those who got in that band.  Congrats all.

Not to be anal, and I know it rained, and compaction, and multiple measurements etc. Etc. But ive always been at at best 75% of Newports total in these sorts of gradient storms, even when I cleared regularly. 

Did any obsessive stay up here?

How can I tell where that measurement is from.  Is it the airport, like other data? Because with these sharp gradient storms, it matters that the airport is in middletown, a couple miles north. 

16 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It was an overperformer for most im sure its a damn shame those 3-4"/rates occured at night, the whole storm was at night really so that sucked, otherwise it was pretty great.

Had it been during the day totals would have been less with solar issues. This maxed out due to it all falling at night