• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Little Storm That Could - March 3/4

Spanks45

Mesos did a great job with the mix line too. Only snuck past rt 44 briefly. After seeing the mix line move north and screw south of NYC, was worried. Tremendous lift in the DGZ probably helped offset that. 

Also wonder if the blob robbed further NW forcing. Everything seemed to pound at 850-700. Real strong forcing in low levels. 

Just now, wxsniss said:

...Suffolk County...
   South Boston          13.5   549 AM  3/04  Ham Radio
   Chelsea               11.0   519 AM  3/04  Ham Radio
   East Boston            9.7   505 AM  3/04  General Public

Wonder what Logan will report? 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Boy I porked this storm. Way more here, less near 495 to Hippy. I know why it happened, but I thought this would be more 32.5 paste here. I was 31.8 all night. More efficient accumulation.

I did get 6-7" so I don't think you were calling for more than that here.  We had a nice, narrow band sit over an area from like Stockbridge to Brattleboro for a few hours.  That's why we did a little better than some areas further S in the valley.

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just measured 7” on my car top 

but you kno what , it’s absolutely gorgeous outside 

Well, I made a post earlier this season that it has been since the 1979-1980 season that the Boston area had had a weak el nino without at least one 1'+ event.....and we haven't broken that streak for much of the area.

#toldyaso

• Like 1

While this storm looked nothing like Jan 27, 2011 at H5, in terms of sensible impact it reminds me a lot of it. Wet clingy snow, blinding death band across southern CT into RI and MA mainly in the wee hours of the night, models continually beefing up, over performing expectations etc. This was an awesome little critter. I haven't measured yet, but looks like we're solidly in double digits. Improbable as it would've seemed a week ago, this brings my season up to average in the snow department, with 90% of snow occurring in November or March. I will say that I can no longer flunk the season entirely--indeed after last night I may not even require it to complete a remedial summer course. No, in thanks for last night's generous thumping, I'm content to mark it down as a gentleman's C. Maybe we can cash in once or twice more in the coming 10 days before we start to transition towards spring. 

• Like 1