Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Little Storm That Could - March 3/4

Spanks45

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I have the sleet making it up to like Norwell ish....

Even if you sleet, should be pretty inconsequential.....however best banding maybe north of you.

The banding won’t do too much in SNE I don’t think. Maybe nrn and western fringes it helps, but for a lot of us it’s basically a massive omega thump. It’s basically a QPF thump. What will help are higher elevations and interior where it’s below 32. I think the banding aspect is probably more north of us where models don’t have a ton of QPF. But for me it’s just a giant thump. Ratios here will be lower because it will hover near  32. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The banding won’t do too much in SNE I don’t think. Maybe nrn and western fringes it helps, but for a lot of us it’s basically a massive omega thump. It’s basically a QPF thump. What will help are higher elevations and interior where it’s below 32. I think the banding aspect is probably more north of us where models don’t have a ton of QPF. But for me it’s just a giant thump. Ratios here will be lower because it will hover near  32. 

I'm talking like an extra inch...like the difference between the 5-9" and 6-10" on my map.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah it's thumping now. I wonder if this will be a little like that paster we had last March that caused all the power issues... 

Ugh don’t go there, I work at United illuminating and that storm was a pain in the ass. I think it won’t be as bad as Inland areas, where a lot of the trees are, should be closer to 30. No wind either.  But we will see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Scott in Weymouth has stated he wont stay all snow, you are further north than me, ive got a southerly wind component. I can see plymouth out theough the cape is rain...

I never  that, I said it wouldn't shock me at the tail end. But anyone north of PYM would be mostly snow before that ever happened.