• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Kmlwx

should be feeling the influence of that arriving shortwave over the next few hours, but as the MPD notes, the guidance really likes DC and points south (maybe we can say Rockville to Columbia and points south, based on HRRR trends?)  for the most coverage.    Maybe not looking so good for north-central MD.

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

should be feeling the influence of that arriving shortwave over the next few hours, but as the MPD notes, the guidance really likes DC and points south (maybe we can say Rockville to Columbia and points south, based on HRRR trends?)  for the most coverage.    Maybe not looking so good for north-central MD.

so like yesterday -- everything initiates to my southeast and i get nary a drop to drink. 

4 minutes ago, high risk said:

Why's the SPC have the slight risk over the eastern - northeast areas if most of the guidance shows the southern areas getting hit?

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

did you find each other on a subreddit? i feel like thats hard to do with the amount of users, depending on subreddit

I should probably change my username on there...too easy to be doxxed. 

I figuratively pooped myself when I got a PM on reddit last night addressing me by name. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

I did find him lol it happened in the lamest way possible since it is our local subreddit for Columbia MD but still, it was pretty funny :D

Easily the most stalkerish thing that's happened to me on there since I joined years ago. I always try to be careful - especially posting stuff about my job in the sysadmin subreddit. High five on making me paranoid before bed last night. 

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I should probably change my username on there...too easy to be doxxed. 

I figuratively pooped myself when I got a PM on reddit last night addressing me by name. 

thats why i dont bother hiding who i am most places. i'm pretty easy to find if someone wanted to "doxx" me. 

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

22 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Why's the SPC have the slight risk over the eastern - northeast areas if most of the guidance shows the southern areas getting hit?

guidance has the southern areas getting hit with the greatest coverage of storms.    that has nothing to do with severe potential.    any storms to the northeast will be in a better environment for svr;  it's just the the best threat may be more towards PHL and NJ.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

guidance has the southern areas getting hit with the greatest coverage of storms.    that has nothing to do with severe potential.    any storms to the northeast will be in a better environment for svr;  it's just the the best threat may be more towards PHL and NJ.

Guidance holding out quite nicely as numerous storms are popping to the south as expected. Seems like farther north has more discrete cell potential where the SLGT risk is. Literally nothing right now though.

35 minutes ago, mappy said:

thats why i dont bother hiding who i am most places. i'm pretty easy to find if someone wanted to "doxx" me. 

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

You're also more famous than me...so you're at a higher risk. If anybody wants to mess with me they won't do much damage to little old me. 

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

Radar is totally dead around the metro DC area. Looks like hrrr nailed it. The trash clouds around all day didn't help. Hopefully we see some activity pop locally. 

I'm sitting at 88F.  I'm not so sure it is because of a lack of heating. I thought there were disturbances that would kick off storms? Perhaps whatever is at the VA/NC border is stealing all of the dynamics from our area? Or is that feature supposed to cycle through our area after 8pm tonight? It looks to be moving north.