/O.CON.KLWX.SV.W.0136.000000T0000Z-190529T2230Z/
Anne Arundel MD-
621 PM EDT Wed May 29 2019

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 630 PM EDT
FOR EAST CENTRAL ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY...

At 620 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Gibson Island,
moving east at 55 mph.

This is a very dangerous storm.

HAZARD...80 mph wind gusts and ping pong ball size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect considerable damage to trees and power lines. Your
         life is at significant risk if outdoors. In addition to
         some trees falling into homes, wind damage is possible to
         roofs, sheds, open garages, and mobile homes.

Locations impacted include...
Gibson Island, Sillery Bay, Pinehurst, Arnold, Lake Shore and Cape
St. Claire.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

This is a very dangerous storm, with the potential of producing
widespread wind damage across Gibson Island and Cape St. Claire.
SEEK SHELTER NOW inside a sturdy structure and stay away from
windows.

Been following this forum for a while now...love what you guys do!  Wild storm in the Perry Hall, MD area today.  Measured a 65 mph gust and witnessed what I believe is a wall cloud.  Hoping NWS sends out members to assess the damage...really think there was a quick spin up in my area...

IMG_1150.HEIC

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

NAM nest sucks except for a lone supercell-type storm that goes right over DC. Distinct possibility some of us blank on all 3 days...

Looking at the 00z NAM nest, HRRR, and Hi-Res Windows, the NAM nest has by far the lowest amount of coverage of storms.

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

Looking at the 00z NAM nest, HRRR, and Hi-Res Windows, the NAM nest has by far the lowest amount of coverage of storms.

Supposedly the front is going to move through down into NC per the AFD... so hopefully this means better chances of at least getting a storm tomorrow afternoon...

I did find it interesting that the SPC 1730 OTLK did mention the threat for a few tornadoes...

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Supposedly the front is going to move through down into NC per the AFD... so hopefully this means better chances of at least getting a storm tomorrow afternoon...

I did find it interesting that the SPC 1730 OTLK did mention the threat for a few tornadoes...

The wind profiles looked better in model runs earlier today, so the UH tracks in the 00z suite don't look quite as impressive overall, but the overall shear Thursday will be a significant improvement over today.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, high risk said:

The wind profiles looked better in model runs earlier today, so the UH tracks in the 00z suite don't look quite as impressive overall, but the overall shear Thursday will be a significant improvement over today.

So we looking at SLGT risk tomorrow?  Maybe a chance at ENH?  I'm gonna go with 5/15/15 for the new day 1

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

So we looking at SLGT risk tomorrow?  Maybe a chance at ENH?  I'm gonna go with 5/15/15 for the new day 1

I think SLGT, and I'm on board with your percentages.    If instability were a little greater, we'd be looking at ENH.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

eh

@mappy  I am guessing you missed the majority of the storms mappy ?  

I think you are located near the PA and MD line out West, and at the recent Southern boundary of the most active severe weather in PA, is that right ?

One thing for sure, I did get a lot of rain yesterday, and I missed a warned celll to my South by a few miles. 

12 minutes ago, frd said:

@mappy  I am guessing you missed the majority of the storms mappy ?  

I think you are located near the PA and MD line out West, and at the recent Southern boundary of the most active severe weather in PA, is that right ?

One thing for sure, I did get a lot of rain yesterday, and I missed a warned celll to my South by a few miles. 

I went out to dinner after work and was under a thunderstorm warning around 545. I left the area to drive home around 630 and caught a shelf cloud. Though, it never rained...so I'm not sure if it was on the western edge of the cell that hit the White Marsh area. I was driving and didn't look at radar.

It had rained at home, I am due north of Baltimore city, about 3 miles from the PA line, but no idea if it stormed or not. 

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Still no power in our hood from last night's storm.  I've been living here for 15 years and this is the longest we've ever gone without power.  Interestingly, BGE "updated" our grid last fall.  Probably a coincidence, but it makes me wonder.

ugh, sorry to hear! 

• Like 1