Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Kmlwx

5 minutes ago, Tater Tot said:

I love how active it is just for an ENH risk day. :lol:

are you new here? we get 50 page threads for flurries in the winter. why would severe weather be any different? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mappy said:

are you new here? we get 50 page threads for flurries in the winter. why would severe weather be any different? 

I know, I think I'm just noticing the contrast between this thread and the midwest/ohio valley threads where they've been having tornado outbreaks with about 20 people in the thread lol.

Just now, Tater Tot said:

I know, I think I'm just noticing the contrast between this thread and the midwest/ohio valley threads where they've been having tornado outbreaks with about 20 people in the thread lol.

the severe threads forum-wide has sucked in the last few years. 2011-2012 was the height of when central and midwest forums were the go to for severe chat. its pretty crappy now. i stay here. 

The other nice thing is the severe weenies tend to not have a meltdown when storms don't work out. We move on after complaining a little bit. 

Not speaking for everyone - but there's a lot more of a "what happens happens" mentality with severe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

The other nice thing is the severe weenies tend to not have a meltdown when storms don't work out. We move on after complaining a little bit. 

Not speaking for everyone - but there's a lot more of a "what happens happens" mentality with severe. 

Maybe because the aftermath of winter storms is often fun and pretty.

The aftermath of severe can be traumatizing

3 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

speak for yourself ;) 

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Maybe because the aftermath of winter storms is often fun and pretty.

The aftermath of severe can be traumatizing

Also because we typically do not spend more than a day or two dumping our emotions into watching a potential evolve. With winter, it can be almost 2 weeks of waiting and watching lol

Just now, AmericanWxFreak said:

Also because we typically do not spend more than a day or two dumping our emotions into watching a potential evolve. With winter, it can be almost 2 weeks of waiting and watching lol

This is a big factor for sure. Extended tracking always makes busts more painful. Imagine having a D8 severe outlook go poof once it hits day 1