Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Kmlwx

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Real nice burst of T&L. I approve of this storm.

this was a classic summer-like tstorm.  great daytime heating, some of which we didn't have with the other recent busts.  i'm a little disappointed that i missed the lightning core, but the lightning radar is lit up to the east now.  i can even here the rumbles off in the distance.

this was a classic summer-like tstorm.  great daytime heating, some of which we didn't have with the other recent busts.  i'm a little disappointed that i missed the lightning core, but the lightning radar is lit up to the east now.  i can even here the rumbles off in the distance.

I’m in the 250ft vis rain now too. Pretty impressive. Small hail hitting the windows as well.

Storm of the year?

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m in the 250ft vis rain now too. Pretty impressive. Small hail hitting the windows as well.

Storm of the year?

i think it is for me so far.  had a little bit of lightning.  if that was better it would be a tough one to top for the rest of the year tbh.

5 minutes ago, weatherCCB said:

First legit storm of the season. 

1.00” here in 20 min.  Nice gusts of wind also.

i didn't measure, but i gotta think it was 1" here.  rockville is close by.  it was a south florida style gully washer.

20 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Gah y'all would love Louisiana.

We get a storm like that every day for 4-6 months.

You have a beautiful state that's for sure. Do you think y'all will ever move back down there or are you in MD for the long haul?

Not much T&L in upper NW but then again I was in a basement for part of it. Brief cloudbusts, some really optimized ominiscity (a new coinage that most assuredly will not catch on) above me, little bit of wind, but all in all, fringed.

My daughter goes to school up near Cabin John and said they got nailed today: barrage of t&l, torrential rains, some impressive winds. The same school that was in the parth of the tornado warned cell last week and made no effort to get the kids to safer places, getting them away from windows, etc. Some were in gymnasiums, walking around outside, I even think some outside athletic after-school practices were going on and not interrupted. OK, the cell didn't drop and wouldn't have been a monster if it did, but still ... I'm tempted to say something, but my daughter says it would embarrass her, so maybe I'll email someone in confidence.