Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Kmlwx

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Little surprised the storm by Fredericksburg isn't TW'd. Tightened up on the last scan.

The cell is still a bit away from the radar site so it's sampling around ~3200 ft AGL.  The 0.8° scan isn't terribly impressive so it might be picking up on more of a mid level meso than something closer to the surface.  If it persist as it nears the site then perhaps the circulation could justify a TOR.

• Thanks 1

i pretty much stopped using cod because it only occasionally loads on my iphone.  need to switch it from lte to wifi, or vice versa.  i use weatherbug the most now.  i downloaded noaa radar pro, but the loops are too short and it's choppy in general, though maybe i'm doing something wrong.  i never cared much because cod was always reliable, but i may need to check out this radarscope situation.

• Like 1

Just now, 87storms said:

i pretty much stopped using cod because it only occasionally loads on my iphone.  need to switch it from lte to wifi, or vice versa.  i use weatherbug the most now.  i downloaded noaa radar pro, but the loops are too short and it's choppy in general, though maybe i'm doing something wrong.  i never cared much because cod was always reliable, but i may need to check out this radarscope situation.

If you get radarscope you can choose between different types of subscriptions to go along with it. I have Pro Tier 1 (additional $10 a year) with gives you lightning, dual-pane display and longer loops

Pro Tier 2 includes all of Tier 1 plus SPC outlooks, local storm reports, 30day archive of radar, shear and hail contours and cross platform subscription at $15 a month, or $100 a year

• Like 1

Looking behind this initial batch of precip, it appears that some breaks in the clouds are occuring across NC and VA.  We're going to need to clear out and get some additional sunshine before the main line works its way through to realize any potential for Round #2 this evening.  

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Looking behind this initial batch of precip, it appears that some breaks in the clouds are occuring across NC and VA.  We're going to need to clear out and get some additional sunshine before the main line works its way through to realize any potential for Round #2 this evening.  

My understanding of SPCs outlook was the any pre squall stuff had the potential for severe/tornado. Otherwise, the worst would come through later with the main squall line (later tonight).