• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

6 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Still got snow here for the time being. Weren't we all supposed to rain at some point?

Some of the models had the rain/snow line getting up to Middlesex County. We were going to be near the edge here late in the storm, but I thought the rain wouldn't quite make it all the way up to northern Middlesex County. And it looks as if that's the way it's working out. Just a little sleet at times. I'm back to snow here. Looks like one more good burst on radar before the back edge gets here.

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Some of the models had the rain/snow line getting up to Middlesex County. We were going to be near the edge here late in the storm, but I thought the rain wouldn't quite make it all the way up to northern Middlesex County. And it looks as if that's the way it's working out. Just a little sleet at times. I'm back to snow here. Looks like one more good burst on radar before the back edge gets here.

Still snowing here, bigger flakes now. 

6 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

3.8". Things cranked a bit too late for the city to get into the 6+ totals. Hard to get it when it's in the mid-40s just a few hours prior.

I’m approaching 5” and still snowing good. I think Central Park reports 5”-6”.

9 minutes ago, terrapin8100 said:

Over 8 inches now in Ossining for the final check of the night. Could make a run at 10 with good rates for the next hour or 2 before things wind down here. Either way a great storm for upper Westchester. 32° with heavy snow.

6 minutes ago, viking70 said:

Beautiful snow! Going to bed here in Ossining too.  Got same measurement.  Good night all.  Hope there are no issues with power and downed branches.  Trees are fighting against the weight of the snow. 

Yup! Measured just about same in Hawthorne... 8.25” as of 1:15am. Probably will end with around 10”. Yea Viking the power lines are taken a lot of weight.... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

So, just got in from shoveling in the midst of moderate to heavy snow. As of 12 am we have 4.5" of new snow, so 0.75" over the last hour. The sleet made 2 more runs at us, getting as far north as the Raritan, but apart from 5-10 minutes of mixing about an hour ago, it keeps collapsing back to our south (thank you rates). Fluctuating between 31 and 32F.  Pouring snow again, since I came inside.  I love shoveling in the absolute dead of night with heavy snow falling.  It's almost incomprehensibly beautiful out there right now, especially with the light rain and then wet snow, combined with little wind collaborating to allow everything stick to the trees.  If you haven't yet, get outside and go for a walk.  

Just got back in again from another walk around. As of 1:15 am we're up to 5.25", as I think we're getting a little compaction from the heavy wet snow (expected to have at least 5.5" then, given rates). Probably another hour of snow...

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Just got back in again from another walk around. As of 1:15 am we're up to 5.25", as I think we're getting a little compaction from the heavy wet snow (expected to have at least 5.5" then, given rates). Probably another hour of snow...

It's really hard in March to put down much more than this; i'd call it a decent storm given the year we had and the time of year. That's close to ten inches in two days; If this were Jan we'd have probably a foot of snowpack.

12 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It'll actually feel wintry for a few days given cold Mon-Thurs. 

I just don't care for it in March, I hope next winter is different. 

I'll take it any time, and early March is still wintry enough for me; this snow looks more like the kind you get later in March. But there's nothing like a December shot or mid Jan-early Feb arctic blast with a good snow.