• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

Just now, etudiant said:

Manhattan UES thus far just wet streets, no accumulation at all apart from a coating on parked cars.

The precipitation will need to intensify if the forecast 5-8" are to materialize.

Damn it's not that sparse over here. Must really benefit from being away from the ocean. 

10 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Was waiting for you to weigh in.....would be something if we don't beat the 4.5 from Sat....

We already have 3, with the heaviest snow to come over the next few hours. We'll make it to 6 easily. Before the storm my guess was we'd get about 7 here in northern Middlesex County, and I see nothing right now that makes me change my mind.

9 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

You can see it'll probably make it into south Queens and LI but does not look like west of there it will make much progress north

Interesting.  Do you think it will make it to the Edison area (287 in Middlesex County) and if so for how long?  Won't hold you to it, just curious on your input.  And why do you think it will progress further north from the City on eastward?  

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

We already have 3, with the heaviest snow to come over the next few hours. We'll make it to 6 easily. Before the storm my guess was we'd get about 7 here in northern Middlesex County, and I see nothing right now that makes me change my mind.

We gotta hope those bands get here though...sometimes they peter out or shift east on us. The 4.5 yesterday was a surprise.

Just now, RU848789 said:

Interesting.  Do you think it will make it to the Edison area (287 in Middlesex County) and if so for how long?  Won't hold you to it, just curious on your input.  And why do you think it will progress further north from the City on eastward?  

Basically every model has much of LI changing to sleet or rain, the main uncertanity is will it be during the heaviest precip or tail end of the precip

4 minutes ago, etudiant said:

Manhattan UES thus far just wet streets, no accumulation at all apart from a coating on parked cars.

The precipitation will need to intensify if the forecast 5-8" are to materialize.

They take the measurement in central park not the pavement/streets. Does anyone know what central park has?

3 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

We are getting the big flakes now, and that often is a harbinger of approaching mix. At least in my experience.