• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

If people are already closing in on 5", there's no bust. The 8-10/10-12+ amounts were always going to be localized in the best-case scenario. Seems like wild over-performers are expected these days and anything short is a bust.

Some places will obviously not bust and may do even better than expected but for the immediate NYC metro, it very well could.  Anyway lets see how it plays out but at this point I would be thrilled with 6" in Manhattan.

7 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

Agree that 8 or 9 seems unlikely on coast at this point.  For the life of me I don't know why they cancelled NYC schools so early.  It's March so it would have been prudent to make a decision in the early morning due to borderline temps.  

I don’t understand why some people have such a problem with NYC schools closing.... does it really matter LOL.... kids can have fun in the snow for once this season. It’s like you have vested interest. Also like I said earlier the majority of kids take buses and most teachers live to the north which will prevent unnecessary driving.

1 minute ago, allgame830 said:

I don’t understand why some people have such a problem with NYC schools closing.... does it really matter LOL.... kids can have fun in the snow for once this season. It’s like you have vested interest. Also like I said earlier the majority of kids take buses and most teachers live to the north which will prevent unnecessary driving.

I get it I mean I loved snow days as a kid but now either my wife or I have to stay home...I just think they could have waited longer before making a decision. 

7 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

I guess they want to go back to the days when they were open but half the staff was out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

It really does bungle everything up from a societal standpoint. Parents scrambling to arrange for someone to look after kids, or alternatively missing work and a day's wages, kids depending on the school lunch now going hungry for a day... it's not a good thing. I know snow days are a riot for a lot of kids, and sometimes they're just unavoidable, but they just need to be used judiciously.

• Like 1

Just now, Juliancolton said:

It really does bungle everything up from a societal standpoint. Parents scrambling to arrange for someone to look after kids, or alternatively missing work and a day's wages, kids depending on the school lunch now going hungry for a day... it's not a good thing. I know snow days are a riot for a lot of kids, and sometimes they're just unavoidable, but they just need to be used judiciously.

They need to take safety into account, something they never used to do.

I think places would have been fine with a delay, especially in the metro area, but the snow is really coming down now. Too bad we couldn’t slow this storm down and have it go all day tomorrow now that so many places have closed. Would have been nice to get our season’s worth of snow in this one. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

That's assuming it makes it up here. Pattern so far has been to break down before reaching the city. 

However those bands are far more intense than the ones from before. 

In general that's been right, the bands don't make it here. Maybe they will this time.