• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Heavy precip developing down in S Jersey, that'll get pushed into the cold air thus significantly increasing rates.

Intensifying lows can have some very high snowfall rates and 2"+ per hour amounts wouldn't surprise me with this. 

Yea the Snow/Sleet line is often where the heaviest rates are. Looks like it'll be right over the metro area. 

3 minutes ago, Doorman said:

RAP  surface and radar for 3am Monday morning

things need to get busy here in NJ for warning level accumulations   imho

rap.thumb.png.9cb0b0cf99d02b093d9a8452ee5513b1.png

Pretty much expected to be done by 3 am. The real heavy stuff will only be a few hours with this storm but rates could be really intense. 

58 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8 pm, we have 1.75" of new snow on the ground (3/4" the last hour) and it's coming down moderately; temp has dropped to 32F. I think 6" is a lock here and 8" is possible, given the 7 pm (0Z) HRRR that just came out showing 6"+ more snow to come for much of CNJ (and having 1.75" OTG). 

As of 9 pm we have 2.25" of new snow: only 1/2" the past hour, as we had a bit of a lull, but it was ripping over the last 10 minutes and heavier snow looks like it's coming. 32F.  It's stunningly gorgeous out there with everything sticking to the trees and little wind (could be a problem with power/trees, obviously, but it's pretty to look at).  

5 minutes ago, Doorman said:

I always thought this was a 3-6 inch type event for the coast and I still think it's on track for that but for those thinking it was going to be 8 or 9 inches it will probably bust, we have probably about 5 hours max left of good precip 

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I always thought this was a 3-6 inch type event for the coast and I still think it's on track for that but for those thinking it was going to be 8 or 9 inches it will probably bust, we have probably about 5 hours max left of good precip 

I think someone with elevation will get to 10.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Agree that 8 or 9 seems unlikely on coast at this point.  For the life of me I don't know why they cancelled NYC schools so early.  It's March so it would have been prudent to make a decision in the early morning due to borderline temps.  

1 minute ago, ILoveWinter said:

Agree that 8 or 9 seems unlikely on coast at this point.  For the life of me I don't know why they cancelled NYC schools so early.  It's March so it would have been prudent to make a decision in the early morning due to borderline temps.  

they will blame the nws...i don't think the city has had a snow day this winter and with the prediction they figured why not have a snow day... in fact i got a call from my doctors office to say they will be closed tomorrow when i had a appointment lol...