• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

1 minute ago, sussexcountyobs said:

True in the last decade. BUT. 10, 20, 50, 100 years is meaningless in the the timescale of planet Earth. 100 or 200 years is not even a 5 second blip in the radar. 

Indeed, agree.  That being said, at one time there were palm trees around these parts.  My view is that climo has gotten better for snow over the time periods used to determine climo for snow around NYC and environs.  There were recent posts about this on the board.  NW NJ will invariably do better even in this regime, but it's not as one-sided as in the past.  I moved to my new locale in 1999 and since then I think places in Monmouth probably have me beat.  I do better in the nickle and dime events, but for the all snow coastal, they usually have the highest totals.  Enjoy the snow! 

Light snow Huntington Station. Starting to stick a little on car tops. 

Amazing gradient in snow on the ground from yesterday driving north. North of the LIE/Northern State is really night and day in terms of snow left. I'm still fully snowcovered here, a couple-few inches in places. There was nothing but a few slushy piles in Long Beach. 

33 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

Na I think it’s a good call. Have to remember bus travel and many teachers commute from the north... like my wife 

There are reasons for the SEMs that have to do with towns being able to access certain resources and such. According to my local news source, which is all I heard before it lost my attention. I work in a school and am banking on a day off tomorrow. Just waiting for the call. Rutgers is already on a delay. Be real disappointed if its only a delay, but if this is heavy wet stuff they might not get it cleaned in time.

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Dont want to freak yet and still yet to go through the heart of the storm but a little concerned about stickage in the immediate metro, about 2 hours of white rain so far, sticking to car tops but thats about it and I'm not even in the heart of the city  

Just started to come down nicely,starting to gray up here on sidewalks and the center of the street.

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Dont want to freak yet and still yet to go through the heart of the storm but a little concerned about stickage in the immediate metro, about 2 hours of white rain so far, sticking to car tops but thats about it and I'm not even in the heart of the city  

None of this has been heavy. It's not going to stick until rates increase. We're fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1