Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mountains and Foothills Spring/Summer thread

FlatLander48

7 hours ago, Met1985 said:

What an amazing past couple of days! Saturday we did not get out of the 60s and Sunday we did not get out of the low 70s. Monday was also spectacular for August.  

Per GSP's discussion this morning, it looks to continue:

.SYNOPSIS... A cool wedge of high pressure will linger across the region today, but will break down ahead of an approaching cold front that will cross the area Wednesday. Drier weather is forecast behind the front until late in the weekend.

Outlook: Scattered convection is expected Wed afternoon, as a cold front crosses the region from the northwest. Improving/drying conditions are expected for the latter part of the work week, while a another cold air damming event may set up for next weekend.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Met1985 said:

What an amazing past couple of days! Saturday we did not get out of the 60s and Sunday we did not get out of the low 70s. Monday was also spectacular for August.  

I dont think weve been above 63 in a few days here.  I love this weather...heading into the best half of the year in the high country!

• Like 2

Moved back to the hills from Salter Path yesterday because of ANOTHER hurricane. Lost the pool, gazebo, and boardwalk and steps to the beach last year. Just had all those things rebuilt this spring. Picked up our return permits before we left yesterday so I'll be going back next week. Hopefully, they won't be required. We better have a killer winter this year to make up for it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Moonhowl said:

Can't believe KAVL hit 91 F on 9-9-19.  IIRC Jason Boyer said that beat the maximum high temp for the months of June and August this summer.

Yeah this weather recently is ridiculous.  I still believe we are going to be warm and dry for the winter months. We are just in this pattern that I think supports that type of weather for us.

• Sad 1