• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mountains and Foothills Spring/Summer thread

FlatLander48

this is crazy.  i'm actually thinking "when is this winter going to end", only because I know i'm going to be tempted to do another road trip!  I had seen this on TT, but started getting excited when I saw Met1995 post about it and Moto too.   Some other things that are lining up.  my iphone weather app had snow icon for Saturday in Suches, Ray has been talking about it, and now WXSouth.  Sheesh. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, NGTim said:

this is crazy.  i'm actually thinking "when is this winter going to end", only because I know i'm going to be tempted to do another road trip!  I had seen this on TT, but started getting excited when I saw Met1995 post about it and Moto too.   Some other things that are lining up.  my iphone weather app had snow icon for Saturday in Suches, Ray has been talking about it, and now WXSouth.  Sheesh. 

I'm so jealous of you guys, feels like we never had a winter here in the upstate and now we're looking at temps 10-15 above normal for the forseeable future after a "coolish" Sat. Been nice the past few days and mornings but the heat is coming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I'm so jealous of you guys, feels like we never had a winter here in the upstate and now we're looking at temps 10-15 above normal for the forseeable future after a "coolish" Sat. Been nice the past few days and mornings but the heat is coming. 

don't be too jealous, I haven't had snow imby in NE GA since Dec 2017.  I did see snow few weeks ago heading through the upstate, but not till after Greenville.   The good thing is, the older i get, the quicker summer comes and goes . (but also i guess winters seem quicker too on the other hand, but I'll worry about that next year).

3 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

What is it showing? Haven’t heard anymore talks on snow since a few days ago.

Here are the Kuchera and 10:1 maps.   3k Nam is very bullish on backside moisture swinging down through northern Al and then GA and then up through western NC.  Basically around the base of the ULL.  In my opinion I think elevations over 4k are good for 2+ inches while everyone else will struggle with surface temps for accumulations.   We are getting closer to the wheel house range of the 3k NAM (inside 24hrs) so it can't be ignored despite the rest of the other models looking BLEH.

nam-charlotte-total_snow_kuchera-5848000.png

nam-charlotte-total_snow_10to1-5848000.png

• Like 1

Now 4 inches of water dumped IMBY and still pouring.  More inches of rain than I had snow for the December 18 storm.

City of Asheville was in the middle of spending big bucks on soccer fields that I am sure are or will be under water yet again:

https://wlos.com/news/local/asheville-city-to-pay-875k-to-help-repair-soccer-complex-at-azalea-park

I plan to get out a take some photos once this lets up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Here are the Kuchera and 10:1 maps.   3k Nam is very bullish on backside moisture swinging down through northern Al and then GA and then up through western NC.  Basically around the base of the ULL.  In my opinion I think elevations over 4k are good for 2+ inches while everyone else will struggle with surface temps for accumulations.   We are getting closer to the wheel house range of the 3k NAM (inside 24hrs) so it can't be ignored despite the rest of the other models looking BLEH.

i'm watching this myself for my little meteorologist in my family Moto, so please keep updating, and if you could slide that map over toward highlands or maggie valley a bit i'd appreciate it!  I guess i could look myself, but you are the man. and yes. about 3.5 inches of rain between midnight and noon here.  crazy.  clay creek falls is wild.    Question, is this going to be convective type snow with the big fluffy flakes? heck its even fun to get under small hail in these setups if this is that kind. 

Also was orig thinking if we go anywhere we'd go tonight, but timing wise Ray seems to indicate the snow levels will be dropping more Sat evening.