Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mountains and Foothills Spring/Summer thread

FlatLander48

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I'm smelling petrichor this morning for the first time in quite a while.  It's been a while since the ground was dry enough for that. 

Congratulations, you forced me into a Google search this morning, and I just added a new word to my vocabulary.  =)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrichor

• Like 2

GFS, ICON, & Euro all seeing a strong upper level low moving through the Southeast and bringing the chance for accumulating snow to WNC. I think that this threat has legs. Think back to April 10th, 2003. These upper level lows can do wild things. I am ready for spring, but one last snow wouldn’t hurt my feelings whatsoever.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hvward said:

12z EPS average snowfall totals increase for WNC.  KAVL Up from around 1" to just under 4".  Boone avg also up to just under 4" and Franklin 12z EPS shows around 3" on average.  15 members(30%) at KAVL show 6"+.

So if this happens for KAVL, then our 2 largest snows on the year will have fallen in Spring (after the vernal equinox) and Fall (before winter solstice).

That shows just how fickle our weather is. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:
On 3/29/2019 at 3:30 PM, Tyler Penland said:
I'm good with it showing this for now. If we don't see a NW trend in April I'll be extremely surprised.

Well this is aging well.

We got the NAM and were guna ride it till the wheels fall off the lugs are already loose were guna crash and burn for sure who cares. Lol 

12z 3km NAM looks gorgeous fellas.
Would prefer the LP a little closer to the coast but still throws moisture back our way. Maybe the NW trend will win again.

Yeah precip shield just needs to blossom a bit more, but 500mb low dips under the Apps and goes slightly negative tilt. Any more and it would pull the whole precip shield into WNC. Lots of interesting dynamics with this one, I think it’s going to be a nowcast(cliché).
  • Like 6