Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

3 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

We have a funeral compilation video: 

Probably one of many, lol 

When the Euro core is finally put to bed, the great non-storm of Charlotte(remember those 40+" feedback amounts!?) from several years ago should be included in its eulogy.  I shared this with a friend of mine who works for ESPN...not sure he has spoken with me since then.  LOL.  The old GFS snow algorithm should be kept.  Always felt like I was living in the Sierra Nevada with each run's clown map...when in reality it was more like Myrtle Beach.  Basically I could pretend that I was driving a Ferrari but really it was just a Pinto.  This new core must be like driving _______(can't think of a car worse than a Pinto)....maybe a Yugo???

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Need more members from the Mid South, just one in Memphis would be great. MEM and Dyersburg have a severe thunderstorm watch today, Wednesday 8/7/19. We'll never know if anyone is eagerly anticipating severe weather out there. :(

Boundary is sitting out there, with some flow aloft. However so far storms only act like summer blobs, just moving a little bit instead of sitting. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Need more members from the Mid South, just one in Memphis would be great. MEM and Dyersburg have a severe thunderstorm watch today, Wednesday 8/7/19. We'll never know if anyone is eagerly anticipating severe weather out there. :(

Boundary is sitting out there, with some flow aloft. However so far storms only act like summer blobs, just moving a little bit instead of sitting. 

I’ve got blasted in hardeman county this afternoon.  I drove home from work this afternoon in blue skies the whole way down highway 64, once I got into just outside of whiteville Tn, the bottom fell out and the lighting commenced!  Been that way for the past 2-3 hours.  Seems like it’s sitting right on hardeman county

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

@mempho used to post some from that area.  Believe he is on another forum now...good poster though.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

I’ve got blasted in hardeman county this afternoon.  I drove home from work this afternoon in blue skies the whole way down highway 64, once I got into just outside of whiteville Tn, the bottom fell out and the lighting commenced!  Been that way for the past 2-3 hours.  Seems like it’s sitting right on hardeman county

And of course @AMZ8990...the man.  Hey, we also occasionally get @Will (little rock) on this subform as well.

• Like 3

Yeah, glad we have AMZ around.Mempho use to post here but post on the other board like Carver mentioned.The only way to get others to join our forum seems to be word of mouth other than drifters.

TBH,i understand everyone has an agenda day to day and can't post time to time but it certainly would help if the regs would post more.We have good posters that seem to go AWOL to long.The regs could help and keep the board more active,then everything else could/ would follow...JMHO

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, jaxjagman said:

Yeah, glad we have AMZ around.Mempho use to post here but post on the other board like Carver mentioned.The only way to get others to join our forum seems to be word of mouth other than drifters.

TBH,i understand everyone has an agenda day to day and can't post time to time but it certainly would help if the regs would post more.We have good posters that seem to go AWOL to long.The regs could help and keep the board more active,then everything else could/ would follow...JMHO

Some of us definitely need to help more to keep discussions going, myself included.  It’s always fun when we get the whole gang conversing on topics, our Tn valley forum holds a lot of knowledge!

25 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

Some of us definitely need to help more to keep discussions going, myself included.  It’s always fun when we get the whole gang conversing on topics, our Tn valley forum holds a lot of knowledge!

It always helps the forum outside our mets to chime in once in awhile IMHO.We don't have many people in our parts to post much consistently.The Eastern Valley is another story.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

It always helps the forum outside our mets to chime in once in awhile IMHO.We don't have many people in our parts to post much consistently.The Eastern Valley is another story.

I know it, seems like the once u get west of the plateau it’s hard to find people interested in the weather!  I haven’t seen @flash in a while either, he was another valuable middle Tn poster!!

9 hours ago, AMZ8990 said:

I know it, seems like the once u get west of the plateau it’s hard to find people interested in the weather!  I haven’t seen @flash in a while either, he was another valuable middle Tn poster!!

Right,Flash i believe is a winter person,sure he'll come back when winter gets closer

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 9:03 PM, jaxjagman said:

Anyone else having problems with this site?If i stay on this site, American Wx very long it totally kills my memory.Once i close out everything out on my browser it's back to normal until i come back here again

I'm having some of the loading issues people are talking about on the main forum.

7 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

Heh,real nice other than the ridge  over the Valley.But that would be impressive in the NE this early

Temps in the 40s...I will take them.   GFS has had some fairly chilly runs in the East since that 12z run.  Bringing stout cold fronts into the Rockies and then eastward.  The EPS is similar but warmer.  EPS has been trying to pop an eastern ridge late in the run, but having difficulty holding on to that solution.  Main feature is a strong ridge in the western ridge reaching into the western GOA.  If that ridge pops and holds, probably would get a solution similar to the GFS/GEFS where we get periodic cool/cold fronts which would be awesome given the perpetual heat that we have experienced during many early falls for the past few years.

Auburn did a good job stealing that game. Any pain to Oregon is good. I'm still salty after a KU NCAA basketball tournament loss to them.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:29 PM, jaxjagman said:

Wow what a game,thought we'd lose for sure..lol

Speaking of hoops, when's college basketball season start?

On 9/1/2019 at 10:15 PM, John1122 said:

College football is dead to me. 

September is dead to me. Another year of MA temps is likely.

• Like 2

Finally almost moved into the new house and starting to get time to get back into model roulette. 

Looks nasty for a bit (glad I'm moving up 500 feet in elevation in southern Morgan county) and I don't have much to add to what others have said, other than a silly gif:

giphy.gif

Thoughts on UT Chatt?  0-3? Hopefully we can take care of that game at least, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1