Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OBS thread 10P Mar 1-10A Mar 2, 2019

wdrag

40 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

2.75" as of 3:30 pm, so 1.5" per hour rates for the last 30 minutes, and it's still snowing moderately to heavily, plus it looks like the sleet line went as far north as the Raritan and has since sunk back southward by several miles, so hopefully I'm in the clear.  31F still 

3.25" as of 4:00 am, so 1" per hour rates the last 30 minutes, as the intensity has let up some; still snowing moderately, but it's starting to look like the back edge of the heavier precip may only be 1-2 hours away - would love to get to 5", but this storm has already overperformed for me.  

30 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Snowing here and raining in LI

Weird cutoff

rain only in SW Suffolk County.  It's been all snow in SW Nassau for an hour or more now and it's big flakes, this would have looked really nice during the day, thats the only drawback of a night time storm, you dont get the gorgeous contrasty pics you do with a day time snowfall.

5 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

So the response I got for an on duty meteorologist at Mt. Holly on the NWS chat was they iniitially thought we would receive 2" or less but the northern half of the county has over-performed snowfall wise but since the event is close to over it is not worth issuing a Winter Weather Advisory.

There's a ton of sleet further south that's resulting in very icy conditions, so a WWA was definitely warranted for once. 

They've issued them for far less this winter.

• Like 1

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic