Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS thread 10P Mar 1-10A Mar 2, 2019

wdrag

2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Intensity definitely let up some the last hour.  Have 3.5" as of 5 am - could also have been some compaction, as this is heavy, wet snow (maybe 8:1 ratio if I had to guess).  One more good band to rotate through, so maybe we get to 4" .  Still 31F.  

After a little nap, just shoveled during the last throes of the storm, which was nice.  Final tally (still snowing lightly, but doubt we'll get much more) was 4.25" here in Metuchen vs. the NWS 1-3" forecast with no advisory - big difference north of the Raritan vs. south of the Raritan, where it sounds like it was mostly/all sleet. 31F still. 

This brings me to 18" for the season and with another 6" tomorrow, I'd be up around 24", which isn't far from normal.  Could still make it with one more snowfall... 

29 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

7AM snow continues for now. 2.1" OTG for this event thus far. This looks to be the biggest snow since November 15th here. 

..730am

30.7*

still snowing at a moderate pace.

closing in on 2.5" snow.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

4 inches or so at Central Park I think all of the airports are over 2 inches

Apparently CP 4.0, EWR 4.2 JFK 3.2 and LGA 3.4  all 7A reports. 

Sorry for the repeat I didn't see several earlier replies.  anyway...NAM Positive snow depth change tends to be conservative (Hardly ever overestimates-will post NHRSC snow map after the 12z NAM, and update that tonight, when it incorporates after 12z snowfall.

• Like 2

I may end up busting too low in the city (had 2-5" there) depending on what happens with that burst in north Jersey).  I'm at 4.1" Wilton, CT.  DGZ delivers.

Upton took a while, but this was their best forecast of the winter.

• Like 1

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

So NYC has had 10.4 outside of meteorological winter and only 4.1 within it.  So they had almost as much in 6 hours today as they did the prior 3 months

DGZ, low wind.  March is now Feb.

3 minutes ago, ag3 said:

3-5” was the proper call. NYC could get close to 5”.

Yeah it's gonna be close for me.  I went 2-5" NYC and north shore LI, 3-6" CT, NE Jersey and lower Hudson Valley.

I was dealing with some skepticism from  traders on my floor with this yday because there was so little hype on it.  Selfishly I want the full verification. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

Yeah it's gonna be close for me.  I went 2-5" NYC and north shore LI, 3-6" CT, NE Jersey and lower Hudson Valley.

I was dealing with some skepticism from  traders on my floor with this yday because there was so little hype on it.  Selfishly I want the full verification. 

2-5 was a very good call.

• Like 1