Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS thread 10P Mar 1-10A Mar 2, 2019

wdrag

• Rjay pinned this topic
1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

3.25" as of 4:00 am, so 1" per hour rates the last 30 minutes, as the intensity has let up some; still snowing moderately, but it's starting to look like the back edge of the heavier precip may only be 1-2 hours away - would love to get to 5", but this storm has already overperformed for me.  

Intensity definitely let up some the last hour.  Have 3.5" as of 5 am - could also have been some compaction, as this is heavy, wet snow (maybe 8:1 ratio if I had to guess).  One more good band to rotate through, so maybe we get to 4" .  Still 31F.  

20 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Intensity definitely let up some the last hour.  Have 3.5" as of 5 am - could also have been some compaction, as this is heavy, wet snow (maybe 8:1 ratio if I had to guess).  One more good band to rotate through, so maybe we get to 4" .  Still 31F.  

Still the best event since Nov in these parts; took forever to get cranking. An actual decent event, doesn't look like there was much sleet. When is this outta here? Son has a medical procedure at 11:45.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

This last burst was really nice, it must've dropped over half an inch in 30 minutes.

Rolling through right now. These were the storms of my youth; 2-5 and I went to Catholic schools so I'd be off; the kids in public school always got the delay. As far as I can tell, this was the only advantage we had. Unless being beaten by yardsticks was an advantage....

5 minutes ago, wxman said:

2.75" of NEW snow.  You sure you guys are measuring only new snow?  

The 2 inches from yesterday melted in sunny areas...sun angle.

As long as you measure in those spots you are okay.

As for boros, there was little to no snow on ground last night...so what they measure should be what they get.

• Like 1