• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Friday Night Coastal March 1/2 disco and obs

showmethesnow

I don't understand how the NAM 3k total snowfall 10:1 maps look so different on tropical tidbits as opposed to pivotal weather.  I assume it's because TT includes sleet and PV doesn't?  I know those outputs aren't the most accurate but I still like to look out of curiosity.  

Just now, mappy said:

but you said jackpotville would catch up fast tonight and sun/monday. white rain does me no good, friend!

LOL, I think you will still see some accumulation tonight, which is more than I can say for my yard. And you could have several inches on Sunday night.

12K is a huge improvement even if most of it is sleet for me. The five inches is fantasy but I'm guessing it'll be more than the snow depth maps, which always seem a bit too light in marginal situations.

The 12k snow depth map is going to be wrong too. It shows 1” here in the next 6 hours. Not going to happen. I guess maybe it’ll be better further north.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

LOL, I think you will still see some accumulation tonight, which is more than I can say for my yard. And you could have several inches on Sunday night.

I can have several inches whenever i want :ph34r:

seriously though, i'll take what i can get. I'm at 23" and would really love to hit climo before i shift gears to tornadoes and storms. 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TSG said:

aka 'Fatties', 'Parachutes', 'Cotton Balls', and probably many more

Ahh, thank you. We refer to those as BFFs.

Big F**king Flakes ;)

Which being East of 95 and on the Bay, we don't expect to see many of those tonight.

Currently holding at 35

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I can have several inches whenever i want :ph34r:

seriously though, i'll take what i can get. I'm at 23" and would really love to hit climo before i shift gears to tornadoes and storms. 

I didn’t know 1” is now considered several. 

• Like 1

Just now, MD Snow said:

??

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_6.png

It's progressively gotten worse throughout the day. A lot of the areas in pink on that map had blue for a couple hours in earlier runs and the pink definitely wasn't getting that far NW. It's almost all rain for me now and I was seeing some snow and then sleet in earlier runs. It looked like Parkton, Westminster, etc. could get a few inches of snow. That looks a lot like 3K NAM, GFS, Euro, etc.

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It's progressively gotten worse throughout the day. A lot of the areas in pink on that map had blue for a couple hours in earlier runs and the pink definitely wasn't getting that far NW. It's almost all rain for me now and I was seeing some snow and then sleet in earlier runs. It looked like Parkton, Westminster, etc. could get a few inches of snow. That looks a lot like 3K NAM, GFS, Euro, etc.

Cheer up little buckaroo. We won last night. So it’s all good. B)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Cheer up little buckaroo. We won last night. So it’s all good. B)

I’m not really upset about tonight. Was never going to be significant for us. I am frustrated about Sunday/Monday and the fact we can’t seem to get a big storm/true coastal this year. Maybe next weekend.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic