Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weekend Triple Header Snow Extravaganza Obs 3/1 - 3/4

KamuSnow

13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Death band only 10 miles wide at best has been centered over my area since 6AM. Just went in the field and measured 3.1" on the snowboard. Still sn- nothing heavy but adding small increments to what has already accumulated. 2nd largest snowfall of the season no complaints here.

Hey Ralphie, can we make this thread the one and only thread for the weekend events? I think it would be better if we just had one thread to stick with, as long as people specify what storms their talking about, etc.

6 minutes ago, Newman said:

Hey Ralphie, can we make this thread the one and only thread for the weekend events? I think it would be better if we just had one thread to stick with, as long as people specify what storms their talking about, etc.

That is fine with me. I dont have mod access to move the other posts in the disco thread over here tho. I dont think I have access to lock it either.

15 minutes ago, Newman said:

Is this going to just be a discussion thread or an obs thread or both?  I think that is also part of the confusion.

22 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

My original thought was to keep it as we always did with a separate disco thread and separate obs thread for each event. 

Yeah, nevermind we're good. I was just getting confused with people posting tonight's storm in the March 1st thread. There's too many storms! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wkd said:

Who is the moderator for this subforum?

No one really,seriously. We're on our own for the most part which works 99% of the time. A bunch of nomads. Someone make a decision and I'll go w/it. I'll be in/out so a dedicated poster go ahead...

*3" sounds about right Ralph/Steve...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Newman said:

Yeah, nevermind we're good. I was just getting confused with people posting tonight's storm in the March 1st thread.

I think because storm #1 actually started "March 1st" (morning) and storm #2 is also supposed to start March 1st (this afternoon/tonight).  So there were storm #2 disco mixing in with storm #1 obs.

27 minutes ago, Newman said:

There's too many storms! 

:lmao::thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Iceman said:

includes sleet so prob cut in half but still fv gfs is a SECS for most including 95. not buying in only to be destroyed by the N trend inside 72 hours. we need this to be a snj jackpot in sepa right now.

fv3p_asnow_neus_15.png

This  just made my day:) Looks like we’ll maybe see the snow ghost of a unicorn! 

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Not any longer I don't think? He used to be before moving. (MA sub forum) I don't see him around here at all...or very very limited.

Honestly I hardly post much, period... being back east means I'm more distracted by other interests more than ever, so something else had to give. It ended up being the forums (the lack of time had kinda already halted further development of the winter storm pages back around 2013).  Not a lack of interest, just not enough time to post anything useful.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, famartin said:

Honestly I hardly post much, period... being back east means I'm more distracted by other interests more than ever, so something else had to give. It ended up being the forums (the lack of time had kinda already halted further development of the winter storm pages back around 2013).  Not a lack of interest, just not enough time to post anything useful.

Stop by when you can - always good to see you. How much for Trenton this weekend (lol)?

North philly looked like it had around 2 inches, maybe 2.5 or 3.  It was really hard to tell as the latent heat in the cement/asphalt, deadly sun angle, and the heat island effect, all contributed to decimating the snow that did fall. 

Took this picture from the 10th floor of the jobsite @ 2nd and norris around 10am as the snow receded. I lived about 16 blocks east when I went to temple.

20190301_105052-2268x3024.jpg

• Like 1