• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weekend Triple Header Snow Extravaganza Obs 3/1 - 3/4

KamuSnow

3.3" in phoenixville still light to moderate snow hanging on.

Edit: 20 mins later and its absolute pixie dust.  Calling it at 3.3"  Also I finally took the time to update my icon and large profile picture.  

Edit 2: actually been snowing lightly for another hour.  Flake size increased so it may amount to something.

2" on the nose, Levittown. Nice little event, grass covered, that's good enough for me this winter lol. it's my biggest snowfall since november. talk about nickle and diming.

BTW 06z gfs is way se for monday, no precip issues anywhere and actually snj is the winner. interesting . start of a trend back se? 95 deserves one cmon!

Following our 3.8" overnight the WXSIM with the 6z GFS/NAM blend for NW Chester County has flurries off and on today becoming heavy snow again by 830pm this evening before mixing with sleet and ZR before ending overnight - total snow/IP accumulation 2" to 3". Snow is then forecast to arrive again on  Sunday around 3PM and snow moderately to heavy thru 3am with 6" to 8" of additional snow before ending.

Saw an accident about 2 mins from my house. Decided to take 29, which is flat, and not risk climbing the hill. I'm sure there were a few more if I kept going that way.  Backroads are bad, main roads are ok but still some sketchy spots.  May have to tow a 3 ton generator to philly with an old crew cab.. thatd be interesting. 

Still snowing moderately with good flake size.

20190301_081559-2268x3024.jpg

31 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

includes sleet so prob cut in half but still fv gfs is a SECS for most including 95. not buying in only to be destroyed by the N trend inside 72 hours. we need this to be a snj jackpot in sepa right now.

fv3p_asnow_neus_15.png

I've learned over the years to find the model with the least amount of snow and use that as your expectation. It's a hard thing to do when stuff like the FV3 snowmap is saying "come towards the light" but believe me if you follow this advice you will almost NEVER be disappointed and more times than not the lower totals end up verifying anyway. 

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

I've learned over the years to find the model with the least amount of snow and use that as your expectation. It's a hard thing to do when stuff like the FV3 snowmap is saying "come towards the light" but believe me if you follow this advice you will almost NEVER be disappointed and more times than not the lower totals end up verifying anyway. 

Ya gotta admit it looks nice :-).

The movement of this has been interesting to say the least.  It started out with a general W --> E motion then shifted to a SW --> NE movement and has now started a NW --> SE movement. So with that, the "back edge" keeps basically staying stationary near me and I still have light snow. It was to the point where places in the city south of me had nothing and now it has filled back in over the city proper. Temp is still creeping up ever so slowly (although still 28 - technically 28.2).

radar-zoom7-03012019.png