Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weekend Triple Header Snow Extravaganza Obs 3/1 - 3/4

KamuSnow

5 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Started here about 20 minutes ago, have maybe a 1/4 inch.  Coming down pretty heavy, tiny flakes.  Evap cooling dropped the temp about 3F.  28.7F / dp 24

Heavy, tiny flakes almost looks like fog in the light.  Pretty cool.  

Patio_2019-03-01_040131.png

Let up a good bit here, light snow now. You should get hit pretty good over the next hour looking at the radar.

• Like 1

Picked up over an inch already I'd say.  Most within about an hour and a half.  Still snowing moderately with big fat clumped up flakes mixing in with the smaller ones.  Possibly letting up but hard to tell when all the flakes are coalescing.

Here's a picture, not the best.  My phone camera is still damaged despite replacing the camera glass cover, the internal part was also apparently damaged.  Breaking your phone through your pocket and case after 2 weeks of ownership is always fun..

ebbzsF7.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Picked up over an inch already I'd say.  Most within about an hour and a half.  Still snowing moderately with big fat clumped up flakes mixing in with the smaller ones.  Possibly letting up but hard to tell when all the flakes are coalescing.

Here's a picture, not the best.  My phone camera is still damaged despite replacing the camera glass cover, the internal part was also apparently damaged.  Breaking your phone through your pocket and case after 2 weeks of ownership is always fun..

ebbzsF7.jpg

Looks good from here!

Just came back in from measuring.  2.0" on the nose.  Snow rate is varying from SN- to SN but with the temp at 27, it is still steadily accumulating.  Even though the WWA was up since last night, it seems that people are being surprised by this.  There are accidents galore being reported.  Maybe because the previous events were mix and this is all snow - at least here in the Philly area and immediate 'burbs.  Plus there has been a lot of hype about the Sun/Mon storm so this one seemed to have been minimized.

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Eyeballing about 1.5 - 2" in Horsham,...forget the shovel use a leaf blower. Super light/dry/fluffy,,,.

Only problem with that here is at the bottom it's damp due to latent heat in the driveway...just moved some around and it was a little bit of a workout.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just came back in from measuring.  2.0" on the nose.  Snow rate is varying from SN- to SN but with the temp at 27, it is still steadily accumulating.  Even though the WWA was up since last night, it seems that people are being surprised by this.  There are accidents galore being reported.  Maybe because the previous events were mix and this is all snow - at least here in the Philly area and immediate 'burbs.

I can imagine people being surprised, especially since it will be over by daylight in many areas. A nice quick blanket of snow!

Just now, KamuSnow said:

I can imagine people being surprised, especially since it will be over by daylight in many areas. A nice quick blanket of snow!

Yeah but what happened was that many of the roads were not done (in some cases, not pre-brined) so with the antecedent cold, they have been snow-covered and the usual idiots think they are in a Suburu commercial blasting through the snow (but failing). :facepalm:

• Haha 1

East Nantmeal Twp. in Chester County PA

630am obs

Snow so far 3.8"

Still a little light snow falling. Very dry and fluffy - our 10th winter event of the season here in the NW Philly burbs with now up to 27.1" for the season which is now only 2.8" below our normal seasonal snowfall thru today. With the forecast we could move above normal for the season by Monday AM

• Like 1

Was looking at some of the archived data on my GRLevel3 program (images posted below) and saw it started here IMBY around 3 am.  A heavier band started setting up around 3:45 am, and sortof ballooned on its way east.

The back edge is approaching and it's still snowing lightly but with bigger flakes that are adding to the accumulation.  Temp still holding at 27.

radar-zoom-initial-approx-start1-03012019.png

radar-zoom-heavier-return-band-start-03012019.png

radar-zoom-heavier-return-band1-03012019.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1