Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2019

George BM

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Here is my fire pit surround so far. Natural blue stone pavers, and number 7 blue gravel. Looks simple, but quite a bit of engineering under all that. If anyone is interested, Ill go more into it. The next step is to stain the frame, made from pressure treated 4x4s, then finish clearing the area around it of all vegetation, put in some small plants and mulch, and a stone path leading in. Oh and at some point a metal fire pit will be placed in the center lol. Not sure exactly what I want yet, other than it will be wood burning.

Nice.  We are doing an in-ground fire pit, but I'm not sure what the surround is going to consist of yet.  I do know that I want to start digging while the ground is still mush.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Nice.  We are doing an in-ground fire pit, but I'm not sure what the surround is going to consist of yet.  I do know that I want to start digging while the ground is still mush.

Yeah I defo wanted to attack this early. Main reason is I much prefer working outside when its chilly over warm, humid, and buggy.

• Like 1

If today doesn’t wake people up to the need to transform our area’s infrastructure, I don’t know what will.  I tried to leave my office building in Rosslyn at 630 and people were waiting 50 minutes just to get out of parking garage in their car.  Traffic was still crazy in Rosslyn, 395, Key Bridge, etc as of 10:30p.  

Imagine what would happen if adversaries deliberately tried to sabotage multiple access points in the area?

Interesting tidbit folks: Some of you are now approaching average highs of 59 degrees. THAT, is Buda TX's average high for mid January lmao! Meanwhile, in other news, Buda's average high is now 74. The avg low is ALREADY approaching 60!!!!! I have already been exposed to low/mid 60s dewpoints on several days! Leafout is unbelievable down here! It comes SO DAMN EARLY! That Texas sun is already devastating lol!

If any of you are getting weary of all the rain you are getting in the DC Region, come on down here. We are high and dry - no rain since early Jan. Looks like thats the trend down here into late year.

23 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Remember the " Why not year " . Its happening 

I've been a die-hard O's fan since 1975 and this will NOT be a repeat of '89 unfortunately. 

Honestly, they're worse on paper than last year's 47 win team. Even so, it's hard to lose at the rate that they did last year, but this year's team might do it...eh, put me down for 49 wins. A lot will depend on how long they wait to bring up some of the young "talent"...that's a wildcard because sometimes young teams play competitively in late August and September when some of the veteran clubs have been eliminated. 

I've been an Orioles fan my entire life. I hate to say it but I think they have a chance to break the record for most losses in a season. There roster is the worst in baseball this year  and quite possibly one of the worst rosters of all time. It's going to a rough 3 or 4 years but I think they found the right gm. ( Elias). Any of the young players that they feel will help them when there good again started the season at double a or triple a to delay when there  major league service clock begins. 

I went to game one of the ALDS in 2014, and was jumping up and down in my living room with my daughter when Delmon Young hit the bases clearing double in game 2 to take the lead.

Amazing how far the O'S have fallen in just 4 years.

• Like 1

I took the lead in my pool with the VA win, but I need Michigan State to beat Duke today. Then I have Michigan State beating VA in the finals.

Nice win for the O's yesterday though that 9th inning got a little hairy. It's hard to believe that over the next six months, most of us think we've only got 59 or less of those coming.

Apparently Pakistan is full of weenies. There is some high terrain not far from Islamabad, and that's where they can get huge snowstorms.

Snowfall draws tourists to Murree

MURREE: Heavy snowfall in Murree and the Galiyat from Friday night until Sunday morning brought a large number of tourists to the area, leading to traffic congestion and queues of vehicles that were kilometres long.

Murree received around 2 feet of snow, while the Galiyat received 3ft. After several years, it even snowed in parts of Murree Town that are at lower altitudes such Aliot, Barra Hoter, Nambal, Gohrra and Ausia.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1456001/snowfall-draws-tourists-to-murree

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic