Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2019

George BM

10 hours ago, Icefishingrocks said:

I'm looking forward to the mosquito feeding frenzy that's gonna be kicking off soon.  F#$% this winter

I just took a trek to the back part of my property yesterday to throw some larvacide dunks in my 'protected woodland wetland'. It is a bit more expansive this year. The perfect mosquito breeding ground. I have already decided after last summer I am buying a professional sprayer, so I can do a pro larvacide job and also deal with the inevitable rounds of adults through the late spring and into summer.

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I just took a trek to the back part of my property yesterday to throw some larvacide dunks in my 'protected woodland wetland'. It is a bit more expansive this year. The perfect mosquito breeding ground. I have already decided after last summer I am buying a professional sprayer, so I can do a pro larvacide job and also deal with the inevitable rounds of adults through the late spring and into summer.

Just doing that may get you in trouble with the EPA. Those mosquito and larva are a food source for the wildlife in that supposed wetland.

59 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Just doing that may get you in trouble with the EPA. Those mosquito and larva are a food source for the wildlife in that supposed wetland.

Nah they do allow treatment for mosquitoes. The county does it but its not free and like everything else they do, its half-assed.

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I'd have to go D- for here, and that is being generous.

yeah, i mean we have had worse winters for sure. but this year sucked. IMO. sure sure I almost hit climo, but nickle and dimeing my way to 26" is pathetic. And that my highest snowfall was 5.5 in NOVEMBER is even worse. 

on to spring!

• Like 1

The FV3-GFS delay.....if true , well, not surprising at all. If that is the Flagship model we are in trouble. 

I mean one issue are temps I heard, and the other is in the last 4 months the model has

predicted ( for this forum ) 843 inches of 10:1 snowfall of which only 7.2 inches have fallen, roughly LOL.    :thumbsdown:  

On 3/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

My brother lives in Aurora, CO;  he's been sending me updates and pics all day.  I remember when it used to snow here.:(

Rob, Meanwhile here in OR we are all praying for spring.  It has been an intense winter here after a slow start.  Finally under 20" on my deck snow stake. Took these photos yesterday afternoon. Lots of sunny days here for the next  week with a slow and steady melt. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GATECH said:

Like Ralphie, I want an A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++....winter...like 2009-2010, but first we need a real - - - - - - - NAO.  I did see a Christmas tree on the curb this last Monday a block down, the shame, and I felt bad taking mine down on Jan 4.

I should perhaps modify my original post/response...full story for this winter:

Expectations of winter back in November:

Then reality sets in by March:

Wicked witch there almost kinda looks like the reaper!

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Good luck!!

Screenshot_20190314-193528_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic