Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2019

George BM

45 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This tournament is the year of the blowouts apparently. A rather lackluster tourney so far. 

No real big upsets, lot of blowouts, almost every comeback attempt I’ve seen has fell apart at the last second. A pretty good year to just pick the higher seeded team (except for the 8-9, 5-12 matchups)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got my brand new Alky control kit for my 87' Buick  GN . Man...I'm like a grownup freakin kid in a candy store lol. I've been running a 17 year old alcohol injection setup that helped propel my GN to 10.90 1/4 Mile times . But this kit is light years ahead of that one. Probably easy 10.50s potential . My trouble is I have way too many passions in life. ..Cars, weather, sports, beer ,  building stuff, Galagabrunettes . If only I could concentrate on 1 or 2 :D .

Screenshot_20190323-233430_Chrome_crop_540x541.jpg

you forgot arkanoid.

just had to replace my radiator, thermostat, intake manifold gasket, and oil filter housing unit on my jeep...their coolant systems are quite the maintenance.  hoping this is the last of the leaks for now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got my brand new Alky control kit for my 87' Buick  GN . Man...I'm like a grownup freakin kid in a candy store lol. I've been running a 17 year old alcohol injection setup that helped propel my GN to 10.90 1/4 Mile times . But this kit is light years ahead of that one. Probably easy 10.50s potential . My trouble is I have way too many passions in life. ..Cars, weather, sports, beer ,  building stuff, Galagabrunettes . If only I could concentrate on 1 or 2 :D .

Good luck.  The GN is a classic.  One of the few bright spots for GM in the 80's.  Have a good friend from HS who worked for GM in their proving grounds.  He had a GN.  He also helped develop the first gen ABS control algorithm on the Vette.  At the time was cutting edge technology.  His GN was a beast.  Had it for many years before selling it.  May all your runs be straight...    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

How many ponies you pushing thru that 200R? 

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes...I still run a 200r4 with hardened and billet internals though.  The car has gone 10.92 @ 126 mph and weighs about 3,750 with me in it . Never dynod but rough calculations say well over 600 to achieve those results.  It's also gone 100mph in the 1/8 Mile . A bigger turbo would most likely yield 130 mph trap speeds but light to light street use might suffer so I prefer faster spoiling turbos for  the street. These cars stock weren't a horsepower machine . They were street kings because of incredible low end low rpm max torque #s even stock . Couple that with  them being very detuned from the factory and few hundred $ and a recalibrated chip, k&n filter,  fender dump, drag radials later your running low mid 12s . Back in the early mid 90s when I got mine there simply was nothing much that ran . Fastest cars out there were only running 14s and 15s mostly.. except for the ZR1 option on the Corvette which cost $70,000 and ran 12. 80s stock but it was $70K DOLLARS LOL. With just the above couple mods we wiped there asses at the track . 

Awesome B)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

???

A hiker? I don't see any news on this. Can you elaborate?

I am not sure and was just making an educated guess based on what I saw.  About a dozen rescue vehicles and large search lights up there so something happened and it was right as the sun set when many are up there.  If it was just a normal emergency I doubt a dozen fire trucks and ambulances go up there.    I live just to the north of the rock just over the PA line and the rescue vehicles came from both PA and MD.  You could see them all make a beeline for the rock (or at least an area very near it)  since there are no leaves on the trees yet.   Seems like this happens once or twice a year. 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not sure and was just making an educated guess based on what I saw.  About a dozen rescue vehicles and large search lights up there so something happened and it was right as the sun set when many are up there.  If it was just a normal emergency I doubt a dozen fire trucks and ambulances go up there.    I live just to the north of the rock just over the PA line and the rescue vehicles came from both PA and MD.  You could see them all make a beeline for the rock (or at least an area very near it)  since there are no leaves on the trees yet.   Seems like this happens once or twice a year. 

That doesn't sound good. I hope it was something less serious and just attracted a lot of attention.

42 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Made it out of the weekend mostly intact. Have the winter posters gone into hibernation yet?

this is the best time of the year, too.

looks like cherry blossoms due this weekend or next week.  not surprised that they're a bit early this year.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:57 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

That doesn't sound good. I hope it was something less serious and just attracted a lot of attention.

The local post office employee I spoke with said someone fell but did not have word if they survived.  Nothing in the news.  I guess it is getting so common that it does not merit news anymore.  It was actually safer up there in the early 1900's, when they had a viewing tower, than it is now.

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The local post office empoloyee I spoke with said someone fell but did not have word if they survived.  Nothing in the news.  I guess it is getting so common that it does not merit news anymore.  It was actually safer up there in the early 1900's, when they had a viewing tower, than it is now.

Thanks for the update.  Terrible to hear.

Here is my fire pit surround so far. Natural blue stone pavers, and number 7 blue gravel. Looks simple, but quite a bit of engineering under all that. If anyone is interested, Ill go more into it. The next step is to stain the frame, made from pressure treated 4x4s, then finish clearing the area around it of all vegetation, put in some small plants and mulch, and a stone path leading in. Oh and at some point a metal fire pit will be placed in the center lol. Not sure exactly what I want yet, other than it will be wood burning.

pit.jpg.fdef9034f94487eb239e38268a5cb1a5.jpg

• Like 9

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic