Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

Now I  understand why you avatar says Capitals.  I thought it was a venture capital firm.  i looked online and that’s a DC hockey team.  You are a fan so congrats on the win.  Didn’t realize DC had a hockey team.  

Were you alive in June? They won the Stanley cup. Lol

• Haha 2

So this is how my weekend started at 5 am this morning. My beater, AKA Dog Mobile, took a hit. Guy sideswiped one of my neighbors cars before plowing into my neighbors second car which ended up resting on top of my car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt but I have a feeling my car may have seen its last days (thinking it will be totaled) as well as possibly my neighbors second car. Have had that Cavalier since 2002 and the only major money I ever put into it was for a rusted tail pipe. Even though it looked a little rough I loved that car, had a stick and was much easier on gas then my pickup. Have to now decide whether it is worth reinvesting in a 3rd vehicle again. The weekend can only improve from here, Right?

Optimized-IMG_0657.thumb.JPG.45b26414cd15f95698f490bd776172ef.JPG

Optimized-IMG_0666.thumb.JPG.5e88757c21d37f39d60ec59eb291b9f7.JPG

• Sad 2

On 3/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, PhineasC said:

What's the best place in the US to move with the following criteria:

1) Serious snowfall and snowcover

2) Extended stretches of cold

3) Access to at least a regional airport within 45 mins.

4) Somewhat built-up, at least a small city nearby.

Marquette,MI or Gaylord, MI would be a great spot.  Both of them are in the heart if the michigan lake effect snow belts.  If you like snowmobiling, they have hundreds of miles of groomed trails for sledding.  I grew up in michigan and have a lot of great memories from the awesome winters.  And the icefishing....probably my favorite.

28 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

So this is how my weekend started at 5 am this morning. My beater, AKA Dog Mobile, took a hit. Guy sideswiped one of my neighbors cars before plowing into my neighbors second car which ended up resting on top of my car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt but I have a feeling my car may have seen its last days (thinking it will be totaled) as well as possibly my neighbors second car. Have had that Cavalier since 2002 and the only major money I ever put into it was for a rusted tail pipe. Even though it looked a little rough I loved that car, had a stick and was much easier on gas then my pickup. Have to now decide whether it is worth reinvesting in a 3rd vehicle again. The weekend can only improve from here, Right?

That might be fixable, but yeah, NOT a great start to the weekend! Sorry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

That might be fixable, but yeah, NOT a great start to the weekend! Sorry.

Value of the car is roughly around $1500. Thinking the repairs will easily exceed that. Depends on how much over as to whether I pay the extra to get it fixed or junk it. Sucks because I had the convenience of a 3rd vehicle and the only costs were for gas, registration and roughly $150-200 a year for insurance.

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Value of the car is roughly around $1500. Thinking the repairs will easily exceed that. Depends on how much over as to whether I pay the extra to get it fixed or junk it. Sucks because I had the convenience of a 3rd vehicle and the only costs were for gas, registration and roughly $150-200 a year for insurance.

Caveliers are work horse. I drove a 97 around for 10 years never put a dime in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Sorry about your car .....yea body shops aren't cheap . That looks to definitely be on the other side of $1500 ...yikes!  Remember when the Sporty Z24 option came out in the early 90s ...I had a couple friends get one . Well..maybe we get a HECS  in 10 days and that might ease your pain :)

I had a Z24. :) Loved that car until someone T-Boned me not even a year after buying it. Was never the same as everything leaked after that.

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Guy who caused the accident must have been flying in your neighborhood. Some massive damaged to several vehicles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grothar of Herndon said:

Guy who caused the accident must have been flying in your neighborhood. Some massive damaged to several vehicles. 

25 mph through that stretch. But people are quite often doing 45+. Neighbors car that got planted on top of mine slid a good 8+ feet by looking at the skid marks. Pretty big accomplishment considering he has a Toyota 4 Runner and he said he also had 400-500 lbs of tools in the back as well. So yeah, he was speeding. Claimed he fell asleep but I wonder if he was texting. The hour and a half dealing with the police there he spent a good 75% of his time on his phone texting.

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

25 mph through that stretch. But people are quite often doing 45+. Neighbors car that got planted on top of mine slid a good 8+ feet by looking at the skid marks. Pretty big accomplishment considering he has a Toyota 4 Runner and he said he also had 400-500 lbs of tools in the back as well. So yeah, he was speeding. Claimed he fell asleep but I wonder if he was texting. The hour and a half dealing with the police there he spent a good 75% of his time on his phone texting.

Bummer. Good luck with insurance.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Yeah, way to go there bud. Cause a wreck where several cars get damaged in a 25 mph zone then stay on the phone while discussing it with the cops. Not very bright.... hope it all ends up in your favor!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

That should buff right out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

If this winter was a car

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 3/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, mattie g said:

Headed to Oklahoma City on Monday and looks like a severe threat in the middle of the week. Don’t know a thing about severe, so I wonder how much of a threat it really is. 

just a quick look at SPC and looks like threat is south of OKC. Worth keeping an eye on though. 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I took some time to get away from it all this weekend. I know there was a conversation about the best winter locations recently. Upstate NY is hard to beat. 

K8roshs.jpg

lWRRDK3.jpg

LP743NZ.jpg

Man that's one long ass selfie stick you got there

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Pack it up @showmethesnow, it's time for severe season :) 

Severe season? You mean with thunderstorms? The season we Fail at most of the time as well? Or are you talking severe as in Tropical? The season that is King of Fail for our region. So hard to keep track of all the Fail we in the mid-Atlantic endure. :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Severe season? You mean with thunderstorms? The season we Fail at most of the time as well? Or are you talking severe as in Tropical? The season that is King of Fail for our region. So hard to keep track of all the Fail we in the mid-Atlantic endure. :lol:

We do heat. 

And (precipless) wind, we do that pretty well too. Lets track.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic