Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, ChangeYourScreenname said:

#buildthewall 

Last I checked it's a free country and building a wall isn't political it's common fuxking sense. 

And btw it's free speech something that liberals dont believe in unless it's okay for them and them only.  Hence the label snowflakes.

Wanna change my screen name go ahead and change it to #dontbeabitch

*grabs popcorn*

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ChangeYourScreenname said:

#buildthewall 

Last I checked it's a free country and building a wall isn't political it's common fuxking sense. 

And btw it's free speech something that liberals dont believe in unless it's okay for them and them only.  Hence the label snowflakes.

It's pretty crazy to change someone's screen name because you dont like it but welcome to 2019. Its political if you make it political 

http://www.americanpol.com/

Have a good 'un

36 minutes ago, ChangeYourScreenname said:

#buildthewall 

It's pretty crazy to change someone's screen name because you dont like it but welcome to 2019. Its political if you make it political 

Building a wall in my backyard because my neighbor likes to garden in his birthday suit = "common fuxking sense". 

Building a wall on the border between the United States and Mexico, a policy supported by one political party but opposed by the other = political. There are plenty of political forums out there where you can express those desires. Or you can just go the Breitbart comment section. Your prerogative. 

2 hours ago, ChangeYourScreenname said:

#buildthewall 

Another leading light intellect with a shrewd understanding of the 1st amendment. Classic. Slow applause for being a literal caricature. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I missed some stuff cause i was too busy out walking in the rain.  It was gorgeous!!  Have any of you ever gone walking in rain in 35F just for fun?  You all would be remiss not to.  It is the most lovely thing ever.  Almost super cooled moisture droplets cascading down and hitting my light parka like a mother licks her newborn to remove the afterbirth.  The chill from the cold damp air was akin to how a fawn shivers after leaving the womb.  I was one with nature.

When can we do this again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, H2O said:

I missed some stuff cause i was too busy out walking in the rain.  It was gorgeous!!  Have any of you ever gone walking in rain in 35F just for fun?  You all would be remiss not to.  It is the most lovely thing ever.  Almost super cooled moisture droplets cascading down and hitting my light parka like a mother licks her newborn to remove the afterbirth.  The chill from the cold damp air was akin to how a fawn shivers after leaving the womb.  I was one with nature.

When can we do this again?

Soon!!! We are chasing anomolous cold and precip which gives our part of the area a chance at -18 departures and MORE 35 degree rain. Because , that’s the best kind of weather. We want the entire area to be a cold drenched sponge, apparently.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Gotta love the high plains. 20 this morning in Midland. Forecast high of around 32 today. By Thursday we'll be 80 with a chance of thunderstorms on Friday. Woot

What a winter the high plains, upper midwest and mountain west are having. They stole our epic winter in the east.

25 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

What a winter the high plains, upper midwest and mountain west are having. They stole our epic winter in the east.

I had some people from the Dakota's in my radar workshop this past week. They said it's one of the worst winters in recent memory up there. They had a stretch at the Bismark office where the temperature never got above 0 for an entire week in January. Multiple blizzards and close to record snowfall. It was a wild ride up there, and it's still plugging along. Not much down at my latitude, but once you got into Kansas on north, it was a memorable one for sure. We've had a bunch of wind events down this way. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Round Hill WX said:

I think people who get all worked up about politics are funny. The fact that you tried to get Randy involved makes me laugh. I guess I just don’t understand why or how a screen name can bother someone. You are clearly passionate about it so I will see myself out. Good luck with your crusade brochacho. 

In a perfect world I would rather NOT have a total ban on political discourse HOWEVER there are too many people on here who cannot keep the discussion civil and become total assholes when the topic turns to politics and so it wouldn't work.  And if we are going to stop all political talk we can't let one person have a screen name that is clearly a political message that he can broadcast every time he posts.  That would be a double standard.  

I may be the minority, but I will both track Friday like any other snow threat because the window for tracking is quickly closing and I want it to be warm and dry ASAP, lol.  Snow falling whenever is fun for me and especially my kids.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ChangeYourScreenname said:

#buildthewall 

1. You can't start a claim about what is political with something that is so blatantly tone def to current politics and expect to have any credibility.  

2. The First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech"  That protects your freedom of expression from government persecution.  You cannot be jailed or punished legally for expressing your political opinions.  There is no government action here.   You have not been legally persecuted in any way.  Congress has passed no law.   Freedom of speech does not protect you from private consequences of your speech.  If you call your boss a moron you CAN be fired.  If you are a general a$$ hat all the time people will not like you.  When you say things that are socially unacceptable you can be shunned by society.  None of that has anything to do with the 1st Amendment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

@Scraff did you watch the shootout yesterday?  Thank goodness Toronto sounded the replay horn since the refs stupidly didn't count the goal (clearly the goalie threw his stick at Ovi).  One of the most bizarre plays I've seen.  

I love the goalie afterward still lying and saying he didn't throw his stick. Thank the lord replay gave us the goal or i would have lost my s**t. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

1. You can't start a claim about what is political with something that is so blatantly tone def to current politics and expect to have any credibility.  

2. The First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech"  That protects your freedom of expression from government persecution.  You cannot be jailed or punished legally for expressing your political opinions.  There is no government action here.   You have not been legally persecuted in any way.  Congress has passed no law.   Freedom of speech does not protect you from private consequences of your speech.  If you call your boss a moron you CAN be fired.  If you are a general a$$ hat all the time people will not like you.  When you say things that are socially unacceptable you can be shunned by society.  None of that has anything to do with the 1st Amendment.  

Very good points here.  Especially the part about Congress (or the gov't in general) not making laws to abridge freedom of speech...not the same as a private entity such as a weather board setting rules on what discussion is allowed or what kinds of screen names one can use.  Same reason that many message boards have restrictions on "offensive language" (f bombs, other bad language, etc.), where posts get scrubbed.  Now if Congress passed a law that said that weather forums are not allowed to mention any political subject or have politically-charged names...*that* would clearly violate the 1st amendment.  And God forbid they say we can't discuss snow! :lol:

I don't mind a bit of political commentary in here from time to time...it's like anything else in life, we all experience it and it's probably difficult to completely avoid.  But nothing way out there or too heavy.  I also don't have a problem with banning certain types of usernames that are either blatantly offensive or what would be considered overtly political (even if meant humorously) for the given environment.  Obviously, that's a bit of a gray area but some things are obvious..."buildthewall" is more clearly a statement nearly as much as "MAGA", whether intended or not.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I love the goalie afterward still lying and saying he didn't throw his stick. Thank the lord replay gave us the goal or i would have lost my s**t. 

I screamed at the TV when the ref said no goal -- this is the perfect example of why replay is important for odd situations like this.  I honestly didn't know that was a rule (but it makes sense).  

Ovi had him clearly beat and didn't come close to even making contact with him/the stick.  Easy replay call.

• Like 2

Switching gears a bit...

For those like me who like the big hits...there's an odd trend that has been running since 1993: Every 3-4 years, we get a storm of at least 11-12" snowfall:

1993: March                                  1996: Well, ya know...lol              2000: January storm                2003: PDII                                      2006:                                              2009/10: Need I say more?Lol  2014: 14" inch snowfall in Feb.  2015:                                              2016: Blizzard in January         

So...If we do not manage fluke 11"+ storm in the next couple of weeks, the trend would suggest that we could be due next year (we shall see...2014-2016 was an odd run, so if the trend breaks maybe we can blame that, lolol)

March rant: 

As the days continue to pass and the average temperatures are rising with each new sunrise, my anxiety increases. The acceptance that bugs, pollen, heat, and humidity are right around the corner is settling in. 7 months of misery upcoming before we get another 5 month break. I long for the future when I move somewhere that stays below 70 degrees most of the year! You'd think as I get older the warm seasons would get easier but it seems with age it becomes more unbareable. Time to grasp onto each cold day and try to bottle it up. 

That was a bit overdramatic, but it does sum up my feelings about Spring/Summer. I hate it with a burning passion, unless I'm at the beach, that's the only place I can enjoy it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Switching gears a bit...

For those like me who like the big hits...there's an odd trend that has been running since 1993: Every 3-4 years, we get a storm of at least 11-12" snowfall:

1993: March                                  1996: Well, ya know...lol              2000: January storm                2003: PDII                                      2006:                                              2009/10: Need I say more?Lol  2014: 14" inch snowfall in Feb.  2015:                                              2016: Blizzard in January         

So...If we do not manage fluke 11"+ storm in the next couple of weeks, the trend would suggest that we could be due next year (we shall see...2014-2016 was an odd run, so if the trend breaks maybe we can blame that, lolol)

Some people actually got blitzed in 2006 from a storm in February. Not everyone got in on the goods though. Basically, an axis along 95 and 40 miles to the west got hammered and totals dwindled around the axis. It all melted in record time though. That was the storm that made me realize I wanted to be a meteorologist instead of a CPA (I loved both). Great storm. 

58 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

March rant: 

As the days continue to pass and the average temperatures are rising with each new sunrise, my anxiety increases. The acceptance that bugs, pollen, heat, and humidity are right around the corner is settling in. 7 months of misery upcoming before we get another 5 month break. I long for the future when I move somewhere that stays below 70 degrees most of the year! You'd think as I get older the warm seasons would get easier but it seems with age it becomes more unbareable. Time to grasp onto each cold day and try to bottle it up. 

That was a bit overdramatic, but it does sum up my feelings about Spring/Summer. I hate it with a burning passion, unless I'm at the beach, that's the only place I can enjoy it. 

Ever since I was 12, I’ve been told sarcastically to move to Alaska. But if that’s how you really feel about the warmer seasons, then Alaska may actually be a perfect fit for your preferences.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve25 said:

March rant: 

One of the biggest reasons we moved from Virginia/ east coast.  No regrets, summer is now my favorite season.  Gotta take a big risk to move from the familiar but it is worth it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve25 said:

March rant: 

I don't mind the warmer temps and humidity as I grow older, and in fact, have come to prefer it (no matter how uncomfortable it is) as I get chilled to the bone very easily now. I have noticed during the past week that the "feel" of allergies in my nose and sinuses is starting, even if we haven't had an outbreak of full-on spring weather...and the songbirds are increasingly kicking up their noise at sunrise. Visited Fort Benning, GA last week, and they're several weeks to a month ahead of us on new growth, trees budding, etc. Even though it'll be pretty cold this week...I think that pollen/allergy season is very close here.  :|

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic