Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2019

George BM

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Hoping the UHI of DC/Alexandria/Arlington can help keep me above freezing tonight.  I’m done with freezes! 

My tulip magnolia is really close to bloom. Hoping the blossoms don't get nuked tonight.  They're pretty sensitive to freezes.  

18 hours ago, yoda said:

Saw this tweet by Ian... new state record for total precip in MD

https://mobile.twitter.com/islivingston/status/1110613785927172096

Yeah, it was a wet one here. There was a storm in July that rained something like 10", I've only seen it rain that hard a few times. 2-5 miles down the road it was just heavy.  

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

My tulip magnolia is really close to bloom. Hoping the blossoms don't get nuked tonight.  They're pretty sensitive to freezes.  

Yup, ironically enough the NPS announced a peak date of April 1 tonight (revised from 4/3-4/6).  Seems like the city will eek out staying above 32 which is good.

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yup, ironically enough the NPS announced a peak date of April 1 tonight (revised from 4/3-4/6).  Seems like the city will eek out staying above 32 which is good.

27 here. Have to see how my tree looks in a little while when the sun comes up.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

27 here. Have to see how my tree looks in a little while when the sun comes up.

I was thinking about it on the way in to work this morning and wondering how big a canopy your tree is.  Have you ever considered spraying with water like they do for the orange crops, or even a kerosene heater under the canopy for nights like last night? 

It might be more important for NEBaltZen, but also thought about his magnolia too.

5 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I'm not a cocorahs memeber, but yes, my total was 90.31". There should be an 80-100" dot where the August storm hit in central Calvert, but that's probably smaller than one pixel on that map.

Well, actually your numbers would help to 'verify' that record, so there is that. 88-90" is a PILE of moisture for one year. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic