• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2019

George BM

This is a neat little squall. Three T/L (make that four), lots of graupel, winds maybe 35-40 or so. I swore I saw a flake or two but probably just my imagination. Just hope it doesn’t last too long. Had a long date with the watervac and sump pump last night in the basement. Our daughter was on a sleepover so I thought Ms. Analogy and I could have a nice stress free night, catching up on “The Americans”. Didn’t quite work out that way. Usually don’t have to worry about seepage until we get in the 3-4” plus range. Must be the antecedent Conditions. 

16 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

You've got to frame this one!! Wow!! (where was this, exactly?)

Thats driving down the road looking towards my house(in the woods just to the left of the rainbow). That is the Historic Marble Head farm that used have over 500 acres around it. Its about 20 acres now surrounded by farmland owned by a local dairy farmer. It was restored and renovated about 15 years ago and is a gorgeous place now. A lady from NY bought it and she keeps her horses there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mappy said:

^^ if that's the case, then it ended for me a while ago. I had a storm with thunder roll through in Jan I think.

last friday we had hail too. 

well the argument could be made that we barely had a winter, so calling it off in january isn't completely irrational if you're ok with accepting spring snow.

i'm in severe weather mode at this point.  tshirt weather and occasional afternoon thunderstorms sounds kinda great.

Total as of this morning 2.87".  The highest I have seen the creek in quite a while.  

Recently built footbridge worked beautifully in its first major flood.  Dislodged from the far side of the creek and rotated downstream.  Rose with the flood waters and there doesnt appear to be any damage.  Getting it back in place will be a challenge....but enough free beer and I should have enough hands to set it back in place.

1I1Kv1b.jpg

Ld7fGLy.jpg

56ffE9Z.jpg

• Like 9

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic