Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2019

George BM

24 minutes ago, mappy said:

3.66" for a storm total

Wow, incredible ! Are there farms near you mappy ?

Here in my area we have many corn fields and it is truly a mess with flooding and it will take a while to improve , if and when, we ever get any drier weather. 

Plus the sod farms hit very hard.  Everything pushed back, plus the garden centers, well some of them will not even stock flowers of any type yet because next week we go below freezing in the AM hours again.  

34 minutes ago, frd said:

Wow, incredible ! Are there farms near you mappy ?

Here in my area we have many corn fields and it is truly a mess with flooding and it will take a while to improve , if and when, we ever get any drier weather. 

Plus the sod farms hit very hard.  Everything pushed back, plus the garden centers, well some of them will not even stock flowers of any type yet because next week we go below freezing in the AM hours again.  

Yes my area is definitely farm country. We had to run out last night around 7 and almost all the fields we drove past had standing water. Flooded side streets and a lot of run off. My driveway is sloped downward towards the house, so we get a lot of runoff from one neighbor and road. Thankfully we have a pretty darn good draining swale in the front yard, that runs between our well tank and the house, towards a neighbor on the other side. It still had standing water in the swale this morning, with water still running down the driveway. Definitely quite a bit of rain overnight. 

25 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Wow at the rainfall numbers N and E of me! Mappy? Is there an ark in front for y'all to board? Crazy. And Happy B-day (late) to lostoa6, hope it was a good one! Wind is in full gale here this am, we do that exceptionally well it seems, no matter the season.

ha, no ark needed. A few road closures around the area, but mostly just a lot of standing water. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thankfully we have a pretty darn good draining swale in the front yard, that runs between our well tank and the house, towards a neighbor on the other side. It still had standing water in the swale this morning, with water still running down the driveway. Definitely quite a bit of rain overnight. 

Well, stay dry mappy, hope things improve soon.  Seems the numbers of storms that drop high amounts of rain are on the rise. 

Last year was actually a good year for me in the garden, I preferred that dry period kept tomato disease away, but once the rains came combined with the very high dew points everything went downhill fast.  By early Sept I already cleared my garden out.  Gardening requires a love and a passion similiar to the weather weenines when we have a snowless winter. 

If I dont plant a garden my wife will get very mad at me, so I say, " yes dear, of course, I am planting a garden this year" , ha ha !!   

( I don't say the ha ha part though  ) ;)

55 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

2.78”

The HRRR is looking interesting for some convective showers to drag down a good bit of wind this afternoon.

I see this on Mount Holly Update too :

With the heaviest of the rain being over, will go ahead and
cancel the Flood Watch. Any lingering flooding will subside, but
localized street flooding may redevelop with the passage of
additional showers.

Cannot rule out some convectively induced 40 to 45 mph wind
gusts this afternoon.

Highs today will range from the 30s in the far northern zones,
and otherwise in the 40s to low 50s.

&&

24 minutes ago, frd said:

Well, stay dry mappy, hope things improve soon.  Seems the numbers of storms that drop high amounts of rain are on the rise. 

Last year was actually a good year for me in the garden, I preferred that dry period kept tomato disease away, but once the rains came combined with the very high dew points everything went downhill fast.  By early Sept I already cleared my garden out.  Gardening requires a love and a passion similiar to the weather weenines when we have a snowless winter. 

If I dont plant a garden my wife will get very mad at me, so I say, " yes dear, of course, I am planting a garden this year" , ha ha !!   

( I don't say the ha ha part though  ) ;)

Thanks! We are good. 

I understand what you mean about the garden. Will need to get ours in shape here soon

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic