Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Discobs 2019

George BM

2 hours ago, Mdecoy said:

I am up in Warrensburg NY. Got about 4 inches last night on top of the foot they already have.

A place where a real winter happens. I can't wait to move out of the MA.

Raining down there?

What is the appeal of Warrensburg, NY?

Seems like a random place unless you know someone.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

When will the CAD break?

We saw this exact scenario 2 weeks ago, also on a Sunday.    The wedge doesn't give up easily, and the temperatures are going to bust, except in the western areas.   Models are still emphatic that we'll break out in a few hours and get to the upper 50s - maybe we can get that high, but I think that 60's in the metro areas are pretty unlikely.  

per satellite, looks like thinning clouds are encroaching on dc.

also looks like goes updated their site recently.  much more user friendly now.  i did not like the previous satellite views/options.  unless you work there, it was tricky to navigate to the correct loops:

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G16&sector=ne&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12

9 hours ago, Fozz said:

What is the appeal of Warrensburg, NY?

Seems like a random place unless you know someone.

I do reenactments at Fort Ticonderoga all the time. Plus tons of history and things to do at Lake George/Glens Falls/Albany. I'd live there in a heartbeat. It is probably my retirement location.

back home, 50 degrees, bare mud ground, blah.

9 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Newark, DE looks like that once every 6 years or so.

You're being far too generous.

A foot on the ground. Huge snow piles, and a 4 inch snowstorm on top is more like a 1 in 20 year thing here.

Just now, Mdecoy said:

I do reenactments at Fort Ticonderoga all the time. Plus tons of history and things to do at Lake George/Glens Falls/Albany. I'd live there in a heartbeat. It is probably my retirement location.

back home, 50 degrees, bare mud ground, blah.

Oh that makes sense. Glad you got to see some snow. Looks like you aren't the only person here who's yearning to move to a snowier place.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Chilly start to the month, and then we effortlessly pull out a +20 high at DCA.

In this corner we have the mighty -SOI weighing in at almost 37 days in row negative, and in the other corner we have the mighty +AO , at a positive reading for 36 days in a row!   And the WINNER is by a TKO the mighty + AO beating the -SOI .  And in the process dashing hopes on the East Coast of a snowy March, Boooooo:cry:

The El Nino was disqualifed in the opening match due to steroid detection at testing time. :poster_oops:

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic