Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

My thoughts and some things I debated/considered:

-  how far back west of Worcester to push 8+ amounts... lots of evidence this is trending more amped NW, + better SLRs there, so this is more NW of the jack zone on Euro/RGEM

- is there potential for > 12"... tough given quick hitter, but I would put that in south coast to PVD to NW CT area

- other mesoscale features: I posted about CF enhancement earlier but this moves too quickly to really set up and have discernible impact

Forecast_map_03_04_2019.jpg.5693ae379d6168a4427e81ac660d92a4.jpg

That map actually looks pretty damned good for what I'm thinking right now. Great job!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

-  how far back west of Worcester to push 8+ amounts... lots of evidence this is trending more amped NW, + better SLRs there, so this is more NW of the jack zone on Euro/RGEM

- is there potential for > 12"... tough given quick hitter, but I would put that in south coast to PVD to NW CT area

- other mesoscale features: I posted about CF enhancement earlier but this moves too quickly to really set up and have discernible impact

Best map out there .. but I would shift 8-12” back to HFD to Springfield and add a lolli 14” in that zone . Other than that, nice job 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Best map out there .. but I would shift 8-12” back to HFD to Springfield and add a lolli 14” in that zone . Other than that, nice job 

Thanks

Yeah, I was stressing about how far west to push the 8-12"... you may be totally right about HFD Springfield, 18z trends support that, I just was not confident that far west and how quickly this moves... even if there is good frontogenesis banding, residency is not long...

I mentioned spot > 12"... I think that's most likely south coast to PVD to NW CT area... I'm just not confident it will be widespread enough to put a swath on the map, especially how quickly this thing is moving, but some 18z guidance definitely supports that.

Man that 850 fronto really goes insane after midnight. That inflow hits a complete brick wall in SNE. The NAM actually gets some good H7 fronto up here so we’ll see how that goes and if we can get a stray midlevel band up here. There’s some decent banding in NW PA right now.

My concern is the convective look near the RA/SN line. That is a fast moving juicy bomb down there and I’m afraid it may rob some of the moisture to the north. Maybe a little screw zone between forcing areas?

I've been feeling 6" here just over the NH border north of Haverhill.  If its less than that...meh.  If over that it will be my season record, my little 2 year old toddler's biggest snowpack and snowstorm (and a morning one still snowing) and I will be psyched.  Praying to bust over here...come north baby!!

26 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

You might be the most level headed person in the forum 

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man that 850 fronto really goes insane after midnight. That inflow hits a complete brick wall in SNE. The NAM actually gets some good H7 fronto up here so we’ll see how that goes and if we can get a stray midlevel band up here. There’s some decent banding in NW PA right now.

My concern is the convective look near the RA/SN line. That is a fast moving juicy bomb down there and I’m afraid it may rob some of the moisture to the north. Maybe a little screw zone between forcing areas?

Where do you see a little exhaust potential

lets liven this thread up during the dead time 

12 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

It looks like all that convection we see now down in GA has disjointed the low, and hopefully won't transfer the main event south.

Yeah just saw that as well... part of why 18z GFS ticked southeast... but if any guidance would sniff out new runaway convection, I'd expect the 12k/3kNAM/HRRR would, and they've held stable if not ticked more amped.

• Like 1