Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Bob Kraft's fetish is sleazy massage parlors...Jerry's fetish is RPM runs right before a good snow event. 

Still ramping up...

IMG_2585.PNG

I like that 10-12 inch dot right over me...yes please! The big change recently has been a snow decrease in southern PA and increasing numbers from central Jersey on northeastward. Does this have anything to do with the coastal storm developing earlier? This started around 0z last night and has continued since then it seems

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Mesos are def going wild. Good sign though because even if we take off 20-25% then it's still a solid 7-10. 

The rates are going to matter a ton in this one given it's a fast mover. Like if someone is putting up 3"/hr for a couple hours that is going to juice the totals big time. Some of the guidance has an awesome crosshair sig over the interior (mostly the non-NAM guidance)...so gotta be leery of the fluff bomb for someone. The poster child for that is obviously something like 2/7/03. 

HRRR generates a shit-ton of lift through the whole darn column....lol.  Yeah someone in the U20s with a good cross hair sig could go wild. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Mesos are def going wild. Good sign though because even if we take off 20-25% then it's still a solid 7-10. 

The rates are going to matter a ton in this one given it's a fast mover. Like if someone is putting up 3"/hr for a couple hours that is going to juice the totals big time. Some of the guidance has an awesome crosshair sig over the interior (mostly the non-NAM guidance)...so gotta be leery of the fluff bomb for someone. The poster child for that is obviously something like 2/7/03. 

MY FAVORITE STORM OF ALL-TIME!!!!!  :cory::cory::cory::cory::cory::cory:

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I actually liked that one. 02/07/03.:)

Just now, TheSnowman said:

MY FAVORITE STORM OF ALL-TIME!!!!!  :cory::cory::cory::cory::cory::cory:

If you want an example of an open wave fast-moving system that went wild, that is probably one of the best ones. 12/29-30/93 is another one off the top of my head too. 

What both have in common was excellent cross hair sigs with amazing snow growth. That can make up for a fast residence time. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

If you want an example of an open wave fast-moving system that went wild, that is probably one of the best ones. 12/29-30/93 is another one off the top of my head too. 

What both have in common was excellent cross hair sigs with amazing snow growth. That can make up for a fast residence time. 

Yeah that would take the place of lower QPF. I just meant that we probably won’t see 1.5” QPF all snow. But certainly higher ratios inland where the banding may set up. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that would take the place of lower QPF. I just meant that we probably won’t see 1.5” QPF all snow. But certainly higher ratios inland where the banding may set up. 

No argument on qpf. I'd be shocked if we saw much over an inch anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What are you thinking in Duxbury? Seems like mixing may make it there, but not before a thump. Trying to plan for my drive to work 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Thinking 6-9 here. I could see that higher el area near Sharon/Walpole getting smoked.  May have temps 32-32.5 for a time, but looking forward to some paste.

Yeah those weenie 300 foot areas could make good snowgrowth at 31-32F go from 12 to 1 to something like 18 to 1 at 29-30F. 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He can walk to the beach?

He's not on the Beach, but close enough so the low level marine air can create BL issues especially in a storm with a track like this. Remember your working with precipitation intensity and storm track dynamics but no real high in place to help keep all the layers uniform, so the risk increases near the immediate coastline.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not that close but it may be like 32.0 or a few tenths higher. Sometimes S Weymouth can do better here. Either way I’m happy. Paste is good.

No worries Scott. I'm rooting for you, you'll do well for sure.:snowing: