Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

9 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Models have been trending a bit colder..you could be just far enough north. I'd say 4"-6"+ is something achievable

I think most NW of the canal should stay snow for the bulk of qpf. May get some sleet the final couple hours during the meat of it. 

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's other other meteorology going on that's interesting...

Not attempting to taint the experience here, but it's in the low 40s with that spring-nape sun, and the broken strata of the morning is starting to cumulo-form into shallow cap towers - edit, looks like the low 40s are mainly eastern Mass ...but if the sun prevails through 1 or 2 pm there may be more.

Very spring like out there already ... interesting.  We are still technically in the continental drain mode off the -EPO ... and this.. Anyway, I'm having to correct my own interpretation of this. I wasn't paying attention but I'm wondering if this is blue snow. If not... pretty neat to see the temps tank enough -

Unrelated ... I remember this same sort of sky on the Saturday prior to the 1997 April Fools storm.  Only that was even more dramatically nearing 60 F!  ...  This whole thing is managing to behave like a spring correction deal, which I find interesting because that pattern doesn't appear very spring like at a glance.

36-40 is springlike? Other than a warm dash board .. I dunno 

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

We had that quick hitter in Jan '17 that put down 13-16" in a similar timeframe. Not expecting that in this case of course.

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

January 2002 parts of NE PA into the Catskills and Hudson Valley has 12-20 inches on 6 hours 

I ask these things because I admittedly do not remember details for events that don't impact me or aren't the cream of the crop events.  Thanks for your input.

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Epic down here. Thundersnow and thunder sleet. Way up my all time list.

Yeah that event capped off an epic month up here. Pulled a 9" NORLUN, 26" on Jan 12, and then 14" from the 27th event, with a sprinkling of clippers in between. Never thought I would rival that month until Feb '15 came along and blew it away.

9 minutes ago, Hoth said:

We had that quick hitter in Jan '17 that put down 13-16" in a similar timeframe. Not expecting that in this case of course.

I might have to set an alarm...Have the kids out sledding at 1 am, I am sure the neighbors will love me for it! March 4th, best accumulation time since the sun is a killer this time of year :yikes:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

It certainly doesn't feel like the eve of a snow storm down here.  I don't see how the "cold" holds even to give us a thump of 2 inches.

Lovely drip day though. If this whole flow was a little slower...

You were never getting 12" down there with those temps regardless of the brunt of precipitation. Your BL issues were prevalent.

20 minutes ago, Hoth said:

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Jan 27 , 2011. We mentioned it yesterday 

No I think he's talking about Feb 9, 2017. It was a nice rapid moving little coastal. About 8-10 hours and dropped 10-15". 

10 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

MEH thinking 4 or so here.. congrats eastern folks

so close but just not close enough....maybe we will get lucky

all the boo hooing all winter and the same areas that have been crushed beyond crushed a hundred times over in the past 20 years will do so again tonight

I think Kevin may actually be in the best spot

6 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

so close but just not close enough....maybe we will get lucky

all the boo hooing all winter and the same areas that have been crushed beyond crushed a hundred times over in the past 20 years will do so again tonight

I think Kevin may actually be in the best spot

You guys are high. You'll easily see more than 4".