Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

lol. You’ve done it almost every single winter. But, especially in down years like this. Why do you think we keep saying every time you melt , winter begins? 

No just 2015. That was after Steve was trying to tell me how sledding on rocks was great while his grandkids were going to the ER with head injuries. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

6z GFS has a great branding signature over E MA.

That 12z fronto plot nicely illustrates what Will was discussing about 850 inflow and resulting frontogenesis where the southeast influx forces greatest lift. You can see that with omega in the 850-600 region from soundings at different locations around the closed 850 low at 12z Monday (I know you know this... just putting up images I meant to add to the discussion last night)... this is at 12z, and greatest frontogenesis would impact southeast MA 9z-11z beforehand:

GFS_850_frontogenesis_example.thumb.jpg.100770b1e2eb7805d8238b0eb55436ab.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

6 in max in my area. Every school in the region will have a 2 hour delay except Worcester which will cancel due to hills. Glad I'm not a teacher or a kid sweating it out in a hot disorderly and malodorous classroom at the end of June

ORH has a much higher ceiling than 6 inches in this one. That's probably near the lower bound. 

16 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

6 in max in my area. Every school in the region will have a 2 hour delay except Worcester which will cancel due to hills. Glad I'm not a teacher or a kid sweating it out in a hot disorderly and malodorous classroom at the end of June

I’ve not had a single snow day yet this year with more snow than ORH.  We have been lucky. 4 delayed openings, one early release.  June 13 baby!

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If I had to pick a sweet spot, it's from about Ray to ORH to TOL and sw into interior CT and then to about near BOS..esp maybe just inland. That's my guess. I'll do well here, but I think it should be fairly wet here....though 950 is darn cold.

An upside of being (essentially) Ray’s neighbor now is i’ll probably never need to ask imby questions again :lol:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve had a lot going on lol. It just came out and apologize for being a 6 yr old. Normally not like me.

Anyways, 6z euro locked with 00z it seems. Anything different seems like noise. Still think that blob needs to be watched near the taint zone. That could be a 3 hr blitz of 6-8” of playdough coming down. 

We are all 6yr olds at heart. 

Same thing as above, at the 9z timepoint, soundings off GFS... areas immediately northwest of the 850 low (once it closes) have greatest frontogenesis... 

Areas roughly Boston-PVD and southeast get smacked in the 9z-11z period... 1-2" / hr rates that may be somewhat diminished by lower SLR so areas just northwest of that line may have the best snow accumulation rates...

There's also a good signature for a coastal front flanking maybe Rt 128 enhancing areas just west of that:

GFS_850_frontogenesis_example_9z.thumb.jpg.c35d97ebf4615917c96053c38c4cc974.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If you look at the point and clicks NWS BOX has everyone starting as rain.  Not saying they are correct just reading what I see.

I could see that. Depends on when exactly it starts, it's not exactly a frigid airmass out there right now.