Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Not at all 512high. Looks good into SNH.

Haven't looked at a ton of detail with this system, but my first blush look at no 700 mb low has me a little concerned for some of the totals GYX is forecasting.

I'd like to see a closed circulation there and more than just WAA to get that much double digit snowfall. 850 does it, so it's not far off though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Haven't looked at a ton of detail with this system, but my first blush look at no 700 mb low has me a little concerned for some of the totals GYX is forecasting.

I'd like to see a closed circulation there and more than just WAA to get that much double digit snowfall. 850 does it, so it's not far off though.

I just looked at this one for the first time and I thought the same thing. First look made me think 5-8'' SNH. It's a pretty fast mover too. 

• Like 1

Just now, DomNH said:

I just looked at this one for the first time and I thought the same thing. First look made me think 5-8'' SNH. It's a pretty fast mover too. 

That sounds like a pretty solid place to be. I'd like to see trends towards deeper mid levels if I'm going to adjust up.

I don't start shift again until Sunday night, so I'm just the clean up crew.

I don't know what the trends have been like but the NAM/Euro looking pretty similar is a good sign to me. I'd chuck the GFS QPF with the way it looks in the midlevels even though the SLP is a little farther south of the NAM/Euro. 

3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I don't know what the trends have been like but the NAM/Euro looking pretty similar is a good sign to me. I'd chuck the GFS QPF with the way it looks in the midlevels. 

Weird look of only like 0.25" despite what the mid level track looks like. I would say on its face it's not much different than the Euro/NAM look.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I don't know what the trends have been like but the NAM/Euro looking pretty similar is a good sign to me. I'd chuck the GFS QPF with the way it looks in the midlevels. 

I’ll give you a hint 

go back 24 hours and look where they each were 

if euro/nam we’re dead nuts on with no shifts last day I’d be balls deep on 6-10 of snow for us

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX is still bullish on Monday...13” totals from now until Tuesday on their 9:07AM map for MBY. So that’s 10” or so from that day...  Not buying it

That seems a little aggressive but I think you look solid for 6-10''. This is a much better threat than the garbage that is this morning. Looks like a pretty widespread lower end warning event to me on its face this morning but I haven't been invested in it at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Look at where the energy for Sunday nites system is now . Take a peek . Just a little looksie 

This is how fast things are flyin. Not gonna shift nw in this flow more than a burp unless it’s initially modeled too far south, otherwise south is the idea 

What are your thoughts for ASH and ORH?  5-6”?