Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Models really seem to be wildly bad this season as Ray mentioned, wild dart throwing inside of 24hrs.

I can't really remember a winter where ive seen the EC make these big shifts, consistenly, inside of 72 or even 48 hrs.

Dylan, I think there's truth to this. However, we're always getting more data. Now that we analyze twice the number of Euro runs, there's a greater perception of change.

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'd rather have an all snow event where we get 4-8 for most the state than deal with another snow-sleet-ice-rain storm again with the shot at 8-14. I had enough of that crap.

Go with the big dog or go to spring at this point.  If I can get me somethawed ground so my dog's invisible fence can get installed.  That'll make us both happy.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah.. seems like a 4-8” inch type storm for SNE. You wonder what these whiners were expecting lol

Take what's right in front of us and keep the eyes peeled for the next one. No crying in weather lol...they'll learn some day

19 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Models really seem to be wildly bad this season as Ray mentioned, wild dart throwing inside of 24hrs.

I can't really remember a winter where ive seen the EC make these big shifts, consistenly, inside of 72 or even 48 hrs.

As it turns out the Euro from 24-36 hours out didn’t do too bad with tonight’s event down by NYC but it definitely failed for SNE

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wow...just read the last page in here....ya'll are honestly throwing in the towel on this system missing too far south? 

For about the 100’th time look this year, look at the flow at H5 ...Zoooonalllllllll

W-E flow small (tiny) perturbations in the flow 

Models have struggled with this all year unless we had a amped system cutting anywhere from Madison to Detroit .

feels to me like the emperor is wearing no clothes if me and John are the only ones talking about this all year having an influence . Very hard to see a real east coast cyclone with this and if we did see something amp it would most likely cut west 

the southern (weaker) sliders will not close off in mid levels and models have kept correcting to a more progressive trend on the run up to them . Does that have to happen , no. Is it likely ...yes.

John could probably word this better but the primarily zonal fast flow has not changed. Enough .Moisture loaded SWFE w an arctic high and a primary going to DET have been working decently but bet on more bad luck Monday with this low going SE and weaker  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Fast flow creating instability in the output maybe?

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I lean that way too, give me all snow or nothing at all, but since padding stats here is an exercise in futility I'm longing for spring in ways I never have. 

Take the disaster unfolding right in front of us and keep the eyes peeled for the next fail? That's literally been the season since like mid November lol.

Yeah, this has been a funny winter. These threads have read better than some of the Mid-Atlantic classics I became accustomed to, with 60% of the board jumping from the moving train so they can go out on their own terms, 30% blindly clinging to hope that we'll reach the promised land even though in their heart of hearts they know only catastrophe lies ahead, and 10% rationalizing their slow descent into detachment (read: profound despair) by saying they're here to "learn". 

Maybe there's a missing 1% in there that doesn't actually care about winter :lol: 

I won't consider today a fail with almost 4" new snow and another 4-8" forecast, but to each his/her own :)

I really don't know what some were expecting to see on this, Its a fast flow with no blocking and the track is being dictated by the strength of the s/w coming up from the south, Looks to me the weaker slp's take it further SE and the stronger ones track it to the NW, Which makes total sense, Trough over the central US was digging further south this run,  I have been thinking that 6-10" where it stays all snow is a pretty good ceiling on this with lessor amounts in the 4-8" range if the SE tracks verify.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For about the 100’th time look this year, look at the flow at H5 ...Zoooonalllllllll

W-E flow small (tiny) perturbations in the flow 

Models have struggled with this all year unless we had a amped system cutting anywhere from Madison to Detroit .

feels to me like the emperor is wearing no clothes if me and John are the only ones talking about this all year having an influence . Very hard to see a real east coast cyclone with this and if we did see something amp it would most likely cut west 

the southern (weaker) sliders will not close off in mid levels and models have kept correcting to a more progressive trend on the run up to them . Does that have to happen , no. Is it likely ...yes.

John could probably word this better but the primarily zonal fast flow has not changed. Enough .Moisture loaded SWFE w an arctic high and a primary going to DET have been working decently but bet on more bad luck Monday with this low going SE and weaker  

I'm not really sure what you are looking at or what point you are trying to make...this isn't a KU. It never has been. 

But this isn't exactly flat....fast flow? Sure. Zonal? Not so much...it's pretty classic actually for a good quick hitter...vortmax riding up the east side of the longwave trough....if you think it's going to whiff, that's fine. Maybe it trends that way...but I don't see it right now.  

IMG_2563.PNG

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I really don't know what some were expecting to see on this, Its a fast flow with no blocking and the track is being dictated by the strength of the s/w coming up from the south, Looks to me the weaker slp's take it further SE and the stronger ones track it to the NW

That encapsulates the season for 90% of Our systems 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm not really sure what you are looking at or what point you are trying to make...this isn't a KU. It never has been. 

But this isn't exactly flat....fast flow? Sure. Zonal? Not so much...it's pretty classic actually for a good quick hitter...vortmax riding up the east side of the longwave trough....if you think it's going to whiff, that's fine. Maybe it trends that way...but I don't see it right now.  

IMG_2563.PNG

If we had more of a ridge near Rockies I’d be bullish . 

Dryslot said it best . The overall year has been amped cuts and weaker slides under , thats How we go out..for a reason and it ain’t blind continuity 

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'd rather have an all snow event where we get 4-8 for most the state than deal with another snow-sleet-ice-rain storm again with the shot at 8-14. I had enough of that crap.

Hearing the EURO is tainting coast again. Maybe north trend started?

• Like 1