Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

I would say we have the death band setup already....Yonkers to Danbury to Waterbury to Hartford to south of Worcester and Boston.....this should be good when I wake up at 5am.....wheeee

Gonna push that a bit north 128 belt gonna jack

On 3/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, wxsniss said:

My thoughts and some things I debated/considered:

-  how far back west of Worcester to push 8+ amounts... lots of evidence this is trending more amped NW, + better SLRs there, so this is more NW of the jack zone on Euro/RGEM

- is there potential for > 12"... tough given quick hitter, but I would put that in south coast to PVD to NW CT area

- other mesoscale features: I posted about CF enhancement earlier but this moves too quickly to really set up and have discernible impact

Forecast_map_03_04_2019.jpg.5693ae379d6168a4427e81ac660d92a4.jpg

Pretty happy with this. The distribution was fairly accurate with the jack zone along the BOS-PVD-NWCT corridor.

Obviously I was too low in that area. I posted the mesos in the other thread... there was some evidence from the RGEM that this would be an open wave on steroids, but only in the last 6 hours did the other guidance and hi-res models really come aboard. I think I was also all a little snake-bitten from Saturday and was initially waving caution flags Saturday evening.

Synoptically, this felt relatively simple... an open wave marching straight northeast with intense 850-700 fronto painting a jack zone at the northwest edge of an 850 low. Other than advance of the mix line, there were no smaller features like far northwest deformation bands pivoting over an area or coastal fronts with enough residency to need more nuance. 

6 hours ago, wxsniss said:

Pretty happy with this. The distribution was fairly accurate with the jack zone along the BOS-PVD-NWCT corridor.

Obviously I was too low in that area. I posted the mesos in the other thread... there was some evidence from the RGEM that this would be an open wave on steroids, but only in the last 6 hours did the other guidance and hi-res models really come aboard. I think I was also all a little snake-bitten from Saturday and was initially waving caution flags Saturday evening.

Synoptically, this felt relatively simple... an open wave marching straight northeast with intense 850-700 fronto painting a jack zone at the northwest edge of an 850 low. Other than advance of the mix line, there were no smaller features like far northwest deformation bands pivoting over an area or coastal fronts with enough residency to need more nuance. 

Yeah, nice job! And great analysis before, during and after the storm!

Nice to squeeze out a footer or even just double digits in a season like this one.

About 20" in 5 days from 3 separate systems. I'll take that any Winter no matter how bad it's been.