• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

Just got back from work. Afternoon/PM models look great. I'm pretty much the same as i was yesterday for amounts in CT but reintroduced a 3-5" slot for the SE corner for mixing and pushed the 5-10 NW slightly. Still think most, 95%, of the state ends up in the 5-10 range, as i did yesterday. 

FINAL CALL:

03_03.19_snow_forecast_3.thumb.jpg.b4fc1f621a212c7ca260e9cc8034bd02.jpg

First & 2nd call, 1 and 2 days ago, respectively. 

03_03.19_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.47d3cf9ab099122583f9c9dba5932112.jpg03_03.19_snow_forecast_2.thumb.jpg.3982c8c7b557118c54747d9508e8d251.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

tran_19030201.gif

Lot of easterly here, and then vectors try and peel back to the NW. Not a great way to max the moisture.

Wow that difference is substantial. Never even thought to check out this parameter on mesoanalysis for winter wx...though I can see it's significance. Thanks for posting this!

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wow that difference is substantial. Never even thought to check out this parameter on mesoanalysis for winter wx...though I can see it's significance. Thanks for posting this!

You want convective aligned roughly north/south, that promoted northward moisture transport. East/west convection (think warm front or stationary front) is bad for northward transport.

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Just got back from work. Afternoon/PM models look great. I'm pretty much the same as i was yesterday for amounts in CT but reintroduced a 3-5" slot for the SE corner for mixing and pushed the 5-10 NW slightly. Still think most, 95%, of the state ends up in the 5-10 range, as i did yesterday. 

FINAL CALL:

03_03.19_snow_forecast_3.thumb.jpg.b4fc1f621a212c7ca260e9cc8034bd02.jpg

First & 2nd call, 1 and 2 days ago, respectively. 

03_03.19_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.47d3cf9ab099122583f9c9dba5932112.jpg03_03.19_snow_forecast_2.thumb.jpg.3982c8c7b557118c54747d9508e8d251.jpg

Your maps are usually damn good

• Thanks 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

You want convective aligned roughly north/south, that promoted northward moisture transport. East/west convection (think warm front or stationary front) is bad for northward transport.

OMG...I never would have thought something like that., but it makes complete and total sense. Is this something that can be used as a big clue for future reference? For example, at least the severe wx aspect in the SE had been highlighted for several days...knowing that we were dealing with convective segments aligned N/S...could that have been a clue that we could see moisture increase up this way..especially when combined with some of the clues at 850 with regards to the dynamics? 

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

OMG...I never would have thought something like that., but it makes complete and total sense. Is this something that can be used as a big clue for future reference? For example, at least the severe wx aspect in the SE had been highlighted for several days...knowing that we were dealing with convective segments aligned N/S...could that have been a clue that we could see moisture increase up this way..especially when combined with some of the clues at 850 with regards to the dynamics? 

Maybe not increase, but give you no reason to discount higher QPF numbers.

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Maybe not increase, but give you no reason to discount higher QPF numbers.

gotcha...makes sense. For some reason this is like ringing major bells in my head. I feel like there is a correlation between SE convection and trends towards bigger hits here...while if convection is off-shore and/or oriented like you said the likelihood if for a decreased trend. IDK what the truth is to that, but would be an interesting study (unless one exists)