Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's a joke and I don't think you've actually once truly discussed the weather up here.

Everyone posts about where they live, it's just how it's been and always will be.

Once per year we get to hear about dews in Falmouth.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's a joke and I don't think you've actually once truly discussed the weather up here.

Everyone posts about where they live, it's just how it's been and always will be.

The posts that just keep saying "Regionwide 6-10" doesn't really help either, it just sounds forced.

We’ve talked all winter about it while we had a snowless 65 days in SNE

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Its likely going to flip here but should be a good thump nevertheless

1 minute ago, rnaude241 said:

Not expecting much in PYM, maybe 2-4.  I think we flip to rain to quickly.

I saw an NWS map in my FB feed and Plymouth is near the jackpot zone. I was always assuming this storm was going to be more wet, but I guess guidance has trended SE. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The posts that just keep saying "Regionwide 6-10" doesn't really help either, it just sounds forced.

I have not had a storm over 10" since March 2017.  expecting about 4" tonight.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

RGEM looks great your area to BOS.

I always like the sharpest QPF gradient for the best banding for whatever reason.  

IMG_2432.thumb.PNG.0cdd1ca601ed34797fb718a8d62e8a91.PNG

Yeah the models tend to have a Bias of painting the best qpf where the max low level forcing is...and sometimes those on the southeast side of the max model qpf actually get dryslotted pretty bad. The best midlevel forcing tends to be a bit underdone....that region near BOS out to ORH and back to central CT looks prime. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the models tend to have a Bias of painting the best qpf where the max low level forcing is...and sometimes those on the southeast side of the max model qpf actually get dryslotted pretty bad. The best midlevel forcing tends to be a bit underdone....that region near BOS out to ORH and back to central CT looks prime. 

So true. I've been in jack qpf map zones enough to know this first hand..even when no taint is involved

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's not like someone at 999' in Tolland doesn't mention how hot and humid it is all summer long day in and day out.

There's other other meteorology going on that's interesting...

Not attempting to taint the experience here, but it's in the low 40s with that spring-nape sun, and the broken strata of the morning is starting to cumulo-form into shallow cap towers - edit, looks like the low 40s are mainly eastern Mass ...but if the sun prevails through 1 or 2 pm there may be more.

Very spring like out there already ... interesting.  We are still technically in the continental drain mode off the -EPO ... and this.. Anyway, I'm having to correct my own interpretation of this. I wasn't paying attention but I'm wondering if this is blue snow. If not... pretty neat to see the temps tank enough -

Unrelated ... I remember this same sort of sky on the Saturday prior to the 1997 April Fools storm.  Only that was even more dramatically nearing 60 F!  ...  This whole thing is managing to behave like a spring correction deal, which I find interesting because that pattern doesn't appear very spring like at a glance.

• Like 2