Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

I think that it's pretty subjective. It was a general model fail; there was good and bad all around. 

Are you talking about yesterday? I have no clue what happen with that one, I didn't follow it because it had 0 for here and i have been out on the trails the last two days, I'm just getting caught up on this next one, My statement was basically in general for systems this winter, But i did comment on someone that i thought followed it.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gfs was atrocious today . Euro won that one going away . That’s what caused those emotions and embarrassing posts from WW and Pickles and others. They bought into the big snows way NW like the GFS had. 

lol didn't you start a Facebook post with something like "Well folks it's time to take them down..." and then blame modeling for a bad winter of forecasting?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dude..you’re such a lying sack!!!  You were calling for warning snows from this POS today for CT.  And it was me who told you yesterday at noon, that was not happening, and you told me that I did not understand the weather.  Obviously I understood it much better than you, because my idea of advisory snows was correct, and your idea of warning snows was way the Fook off.

Youre a twisting LIL Twerp!! 

Man this winter has really taken its toll on some folks 

• Like 2

Woah what happened in here! Just catching up on the day... some spectacular meltdowns. “Jonestown”!

Haven’t spent much time on this yet... on cursory glance, early thoughts on synoptics:
- H5 to me looks much more compressed than Saturday... so less likely to amplify
- what this does have going for it vs. Saturday is better vorticity energy and further north, though it is still somewhat piecemeal

850 closes off nicely and we should have some decent banding across SNE probably around pike region

Based on that, very early map that will probably change: jack 6-10 along pike region or maybe even slightly south of that, wary of the more amped north tracks

46 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dude..you’re such a lying sack!!!  You were calling for warning snows from this POS today for CT.  And it was me who told you yesterday at noon, that was not happening, and you told me that I did not understand the weather.  Obviously I understood it much better than you, because my idea of advisory snows was correct, and your idea of warning snows was way the Fook off.

Youre a twisting LIL Twerp!! 

:cliff:

17 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

My guy tells me this ends up being a nowcast event just like last storm, pattern won't be fully clear until tomorrow

Your guy/gut is telling you this is a nowcast? Really!?

Every storm is a nowcast.

This has been said by someone for every single decent winter storm for the last 5+ years

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

This is the first year after 20 on the boards I’ve seen such emotional swings run to run caused by relatively small changes.  Pace yourselves!

I'm going to try to stay under two drinks/hr so i can make it to the Ukie.............:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Your guy/gut is telling you this is a nowcast? Really!?

Every storm is a nowcast.

This has been said by someone for every single decent winter storm for the last 5+ years

Yeah but it is his first winter on the board. Relax

• Like 4