Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Splitting hairs but the 18z is a little further south.  Bottom is 18z...top is 12z.

IMG_2418.thumb.PNG.de8869720b23dab4dab069e9a51dcc99.PNG

IMG_2419.thumb.PNG.da8e0d2d11c0d5f00d9535c2b0597e87.PNG

Don't really care where the "L' was at the surface was, I'm looking at H5 and it was a better placement and a tic or two stronger with the s/w down south.

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

there's a pretty sizeable difference between the gfs and the nam/ecwmf. If something similar to the latter two verify you're getting a solid amount of snow. 

If the fronto happens here for sure. I just don’t want to get bit twice in three days b/c of that...especially looking at H5, H7, where SLP is likely to be, and degree of convection. 

I’ve veen burned going too high before on these awful H5 looks. This looks like poop 140AFA4E-E80C-412C-A90D-267E2D2E7260.thumb.png.ad735f8bb565e7cabe768ab8b45c060b.png

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Don't really care where the "L' was at the surface was, I'm looking at H5 and it was a better placement and a tic or two stronger with the s/w down south.

No biggie.  Was just showing what that first poster might have been looking at when you guys didn't see it.

It has some work to do on the GFS.  QPF wise it was worse than 12z.  ORH went from 0.6" to 0.3".

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

No biggie.  Was just showing what that first poster might have been looking at when you guys didn't see it.

It has some work to do on the GFS.

Well he said he was looking at 06z maps........lol Jerry and i use the same vendor, And it doesn't look like what you posted, All good though, GFS is still on the far right it seems.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah like I said splitting hairs but it's definitely not much more amped.  

I was expecting it to cave to the Euro.  Now it's like a huge area of 0.1-0.3" QPF with some warning snow on the beaches.

Definitely more amped at H5.

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well that’s part of my concern here and that’s what bit me in the fanny last night. I purely forecasted based on speculated fronto. Based on the look of everything I am legit worried that’s does not make it into CT (except S CT perhaps). 

I’d listen to every other met on here. Just my opinion. When Scooter goes 6-10”.. you should listen 

Man I’d just chuck the GFS as far as you possibly could. I don’t see how you get such a shitty precipitation distribution with your H85 low closing off right underneath like that. It would be nice to see H7 close but it does kink south of SNE as OceanState mentioned earlier. I’m only going off the NCEP maps right now and can’t see ML fgen but I bet it’s pretty good with that look. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Are we getting anything out of this or not. How was the riding

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6-10", I haven't wavered off that, The riding was great except for turner, I don't think a groomer has left there barn in a long time, Those trails there sucked, But we jumped on the Nezinscot River And got off in Buckfield, Rode ITS 89 Livermore/Jay, Then hopped on ITS 87 south back to Lew, 102 mi.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gfs was atrocious today . Euro won that one going away . That’s what caused those emotions and embarrassing posts from WW and Pickles and others. They bought into the big snows way NW like the GFS had. 

Dude..you’re such a lying sack!!!  You were calling for warning snows from this POS today for CT.  And it was me who told you yesterday at noon, that was not happening, and you told me that I did not understand the weather.  Obviously I understood it much better than you, because my idea of advisory snows was correct, and your idea of warning snows was way the Fook off.

Youre a twisting LIL Twerp!! 

• Haha 1