• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

I’m forecasting 6-10” for my area around ORH, and near Rte 2.   
Who wants to fight me for my snow?

Thankfully, NNE has graciously offered up their snow for down here so we along the coast won’t have to go to blows with any of our northern family members :)

• Haha 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Man everyone around here is expecting a rainstorm Monday.   I was talking to folks out shoveling when I walked the dog and when I said 6+ they looked at me like I had 4 heads....after they mentioned at least Monday is rain....

Boy are they gonna to be in for a surprise. I bet he looked at his weather app and saw rain lol

the 3k has a lot of convection just south of Long Island, should that rotate in as the system pushes NE that could really enhance some snowfall from NYC northeastward. Still looks like a 6-10 inch thump with lollies that could see 10-14 (where the best ratios/banding occur)?

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That 18z shows a really healthy scenario. 850 low pops right over SNE and 700 mb tried to kink at the same time. That would be some real lift in the midnight to 4 am window.

I’d sign up for that f-gen look.

Yep yep...

this one just may be mechanically sufficient to overcome the speed of the back ground flow and general compression/inhibition of larger --> small -scaled wave length interference.  Which is what "too fast" really means. It means having a S/W be less able to differentiate against the already high geostrophic wind - no/low differentiation = no/weaker lows... blah blah. 

But, these f-gen type products are lit up and provided said S/W is sufficient, it just means fast moving high impact as opposed to fast moving dampening ... like today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1