Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3rd-4th Shellacking threat

WEATHERMINATOR

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Without a doubt this will top the November event. 

The only thing that could undercut would be some sleet, but even then I think it'll top it.

This actually feels like the first true snow event since the November storm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Heavier rates having a tough time making it into the city. I've noticed this since moving to NYC. Not very good lift and we don't get the moisture surge off the ocean like BK or LI. Growing up half an hour west of Baltimore, I'm so used to jackpotting haha. #Spoiled.  

we have had plenty of  heavy snowstorms in nyc when did you move to nyc this summer?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

For those worried about the earlier warm temperatures, here's a reminder that snow can still accumulate afterward:

NYC: February 2017

February 8: High temperature: 62; February 9: 9.4" snow.

Wasn't 9 out here. Much of NYC is north of me.

1 minute ago, nycwinter said:

we have had plenty of  heavy snowstorms in nyc when did you move to nyc this summer?

Didn't say there weren't heavy snowstorms. I'm saying NYC has crappy lift compared to surrounding areas, so comparatively it seems a little more difficult to jackpot here. 

3 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

It depends on where one was during that storm. My point was that one should not use the temperature ahead of a storm to reach conclusions that may not hold. Many other details need to be considered.

Agreed. I've seen that happen a few times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Funny enough I was in DC for that one -- which was probably the only time I ever saw DC jackpot too!

I got 36 inches in the suburbs just west of dc. Dc only report about 18 for that storm. At least you get to have snow measured at Central Park. That’s a favorable location. 

29 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

For those worried about the earlier warm temperatures, here's a reminder that snow can still accumulate afterward:

NYC: February 2017

February 8: High temperature: 62; February 9: 9.4" snow.

3/31/97 was near 60 and 4/1 was in the high 50's then that night I got 17". We had been experiencing a very early spring and the trees were nearly fully leafed out already. What a disaster that was.

• Like 1