Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3rd-4th Shellacking threat

WEATHERMINATOR

5 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Thats my experience.  We shall see - the idea is that its slightly colder just north, allowing larger dendritic growth.  

Thanks again. Hopefully we can squeeze out one more storm next weekend while the cold air is in place.

• Like 1

Well when you don't build snow days into the syllabus past March, you are bound to get slammed. I think tonight into tomorrow is looking great and I think we will get much closer to hitting our average snowfall for the year. However, I hope this does not change the narrative of this winter because 95% of it still sucked for our area. I am glad that we are finally cashing in, but I hate how fast March storms melt, even when it is cold.

BTW what is going on with the complaining?! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

GFS pretty much shows you why an event like January 87 for example severely busted.  This event is probably forecast as mostly rain 30 years ago for NYC 

And the forecast for that January 87 event was 1-3" changing to rain. I was in 8th grade and that was the first positive bust of my lifetime

TWC app now forecasts 8-12” for NYC! I also checked for Queens & LI, and both still came up with 5-8”. I guess they’re thinking the Island has some rain mixed in but Manhattan is west enough to stay all snow? But 8-12” is very liberal for them!

667C371A-04FD-494F-8EBA-3C165C57F06D.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, weatherpruf said:

I prefer to say "immediate metro" which doesn't include NEPA, Sussex or even Monmouth and Ocean, in my view ( the sociological boundary is much more expansive, even including "metro" areas of its own, like the Edison statistical area, itself a sub-city ) it's just a flat out big area population wise, so the weather is gonna be a little different in some parts. When its cloudy or rains who cares ( well I know you do ) but snow amounts are a different thing. Last year I had just shy of 4 inches when areas to my west had double digits. 20 minute drive.

Not to beat a dead horse but I’m not sure how you wouldn’t include Monmouth when Sandy Hook is right across the harbor from Staten Island and Brooklyn. You can literally see the Verrazano bridge from there.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Not to beat a dead horse but I’m not sure how you wouldn’t include Monmouth when Sandy Hook is right across the harbor from Staten Island and Brooklyn. You can literally see the Verrazano bridge from there.

Monmouth literally borders Staten Island and Queens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, snowheavyattimes said:

If we do get a lot of snow it will stick around for a while.Temps go below freezing Mon night and stay below freezing until Friday or maybe even Saturday.I

even with cold temps high  sun angle will do a number on the snow...quickly...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

i was thinking the same thing.. people who boast like he did often have a lot of egg on there face...

Exactly. No need to go any further with this.

Anyone who's been here a while knows that he's just a troll.

Good luck down there guys, expecting about 8" here. Maybe more, maybe a little less