• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Snow
    Newest Member
    Love Snow
WxUSAF

March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

Temps are pretty much where the NAM said they'd be last night.  Models are showing a good burst of heavy snow from about 6pm- 11pm.  Probably good for at least 3" unless there's a sneaky warm layer and it's sleet.

850's still draped through central Virginia into the south central delmarva. 925mb temps draped through calvart county into the central delmarva.  Where they set up later this afternoon will have huge implications on where the cutoff for accumulating snow will end up. Areas that remain below 0c have a good chance of getting the r/s mix to switch to heavy snow when the good stuff comes in after 4pm. The window for accumulating snow for areas just to the north/west of the cities will be sometime after 4pm imo. Will take time to cool things off after having road temps in the upper 30's/low 40's. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

850's still draped through central Virginia into the south central delmarva. 925mb temps draped through calvart county into the central delmarva.  Where they set up later this afternoon will have huge implications on where the cutoff for accumulating snow. 

except the the guidance has repeatedly indicated that the primary warm layer will be around 800 mb

26 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

Saw this coming from a mile away. Its a mini version of snowquester.

Along I-95?/ Is it March?/marginal temps?/daylight?/= Take snowfall maps, reduce accumulation to 0.

good.  then you don't need to post in this thread today.

• Like 5

For what it’s worth the Euro did cut back on snow particularly around I95 in DC and Balt. Not surprising. But stil 6-7 totals in northern MD

moderate snow accumulating on elevated surfaces and grass.  32.7/30

62EF99B4-AE25-40D6-86A8-77A2D3D29171.jpeg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

??  Been snowing out for 2 hours.

No it hasn’t. It literally just started in Maryland. You all need to chill out. 

33.6/28 moderate snow

It wants to accumulate on elevated surfaces but just can't quite make it.

Forget about the roads - no chance there yet.

Dumping pretty good now. I would guess 1/4 mile visibility. Everything has caved even the edges of the road. The next 6 hours should be great.

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

No it hasn’t. It literally just started in Maryland. You all need to chill out. 

I consider myself part of this 'group', when I woke up at 5 am it was already raining and 35 degrees, so yes, it HAS been going on a while. Remember this covers a few states, just not your back yard. Course, I know snow is a IMBY thing........BTW, STILL rain and still 35 here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dumping pretty good now. I would guess 1/4 mile visibility. Everything has caved even the edges of the road. The next 6 hours should be great.

Seems like my obs are about an hour behind yours.  Just getting a slushy coating on everything now....seems to be a slow but steady increase in rates.

34/31 lt/mod snow falling

• Like 1