Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
WxUSAF

March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Back to sleet for me.

Back to sleet here also. Too many lulls, there's been steadier precip up north

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice ...what's your total. I measured 2.4" at 7:00

Just about 2” before the sleet. Will measure again in a little while. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe when the coastal starts to crank it can pull down some cold air and change us all over. :facepalm:

 

Eta: click to animate 

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mappy said:

Just about 2” before the sleet. Will measure again in a little while. 

Snowing nicely here now. Looks like were pushing 3. Temp is 30/31. Good chance the low end of the warning will vary. Can't rule out 6 inches  if this can go to midnight or so .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patience not one of my virtues, but it is turned into a winter wonderland in Brunswick....everything snow covered.  Maybe couple of inches now. I am happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put my shovel away awhile ago and got out the paddle and canoe. Could be some nice rapids later on tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paxpatriot said:

Seeing a couple of reports of 6.5 inches at elevation around Hagerstown. Definitely helps to be up.

I'm sure the catoctins got hit hard today

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All rain here the last 4 hours after decent snow between4 to 5 PM. ( grass and cars covered atrthat time )

Winter storm warning for up to 4  inches here but lucky to get 6 millimeters the way things look now.  

Snow Life sucks in the Northern Mid Atlantic ..... 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just took my dog for what will probably be my last Jebwalk of the winter. It continues to dump here. I dont know if I ever remember a storm where we lost the mid levels and had them come back and stay snow for multiple hours afterwards. Really a nice end to the winter. I am pushing 3 inches at this point for sure. I will get a final measurement once the snow ends. Fun event though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just took my dog for what will probably be my last Jebwalk of the winter. It continues to dump here. I dont know if I ever remember a storm where we lost the mid levels and had them come back and stay snow for multiple hours afterwards. Really a nice end to the winter. I am pushing 3 inches at this point for sure. I will get a final measurement once the snow ends. Fun event though.

I guess you haven't looked at the gfs/fv3 for friday. :whistle:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

8pm measurement- 3"

Picked up 1" in the last hour

Struggling here in the creek valley.  About an inch so far....33/32

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We probably got up to 1.5 in the heavy snow, but it compacted melted immediately once the rates slowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fozz called it for us around here. Looks like Exit 20 on I-83 (Shawan Rd) is the R/S line right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Snowing nicely here now. Looks like were pushing 3. Temp is 30/31. Good chance the low end of the warning will vary. Can't rule out 6 inches  if this can go to midnight or so .

Mix line keeps moving back over me. 2.3” at last measure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeff B said:

@Fozz called it for us around here. Looks like Exit 20 on I-83 (Shawan Rd) is the R/S line right now.

Sometimes I hate being right :(

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×