Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is elevation. I am in the mountains NW of town. Probably have a few hundred feet on you in the Valley.

You out 50 or 522?  That is an area we are looking when we move (hopefully) next year.  Ideally, we'd find a place somewhere on top of North Mountain, but there is isn't much up there.  LOL.

Elevation certainly helps, but conditions even in the valley improve north of Rt. 50.  Wife works at the school board office on Amherst.  I hear it every event.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

Ok so it's farther south than I thought. I was thinking it was more west of Harrisonburg but it's definitely southwest.

Yep, I am just north of I-64 and between Covington and Clifton Forge. BTW, it has been pouring here last couple hours, so there is plenty of percip heading north and east.

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

You out 50 or 522?  That is an area we are looking when we move (hopefully) next year.  Ideally, we'd find a place somewhere on top of North Mountain, but there is isn't much up there.  LOL.

Elevation certainly helps, but conditions even in the valley improve north of Rt. 50.  Wife works at the school board office on Amherst.  I hear it every event.

522 just NW of Lake Holiday. It is gorgeous out here. And it is just ripping dime sized dendrites right now. 

• Like 2